Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Red was one of my faves. It's nice seeing all the chars getting more personality and moments. Of course, being fully voiced helps a lot. I like Remake/Rebirth Aerith a lot more, way less "perfect". Tifa being scared of ghosts while Aerith was excited, and Chairith were great moments.
I am almost ready to move on to Mt. Corel.
For all the fanart I saw of Tifa's white/black bikini, I like the shirt/shorts option better. She looks cool. I wish one of Aerith's options wasn't so pink, lol. I actually went with Cloud's more covered outfit, if only for the loud Chocobo shirt. I love Barrett's outfit, naturally. I wish Red kept the lei, at least. Oh well. Johnny's metallic teal swimwear is actually really cool. Too bad it's Johnny wearing it. XD

I'm terrible at the Costa del Sol minigames. Had to look up solutions for the higher level Card Carnival puzzles.
The chocobo barding here will likely be my favorite. I also like how the baby chocobos are slightly different b/t regions. And, the petting animation changed a bit!
The distance thing on the world map was bugging me, figured out how to keep the minimap up permanently. Much better.

Yuffie
I actually like playing her. Throw the shuriken, hold down the square button, repeat until she gets one ATB bar full. Assess the enemy, then build the bar until she can use a skill that hits their weaknesses, and/or steal. Super easy, second only to Barrett keeping his distance and blasting things.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Oh yeah, forgot to reply about Yuffie. Since this is more talking about controls than story, I'm not sure it needs spoiler tags.

First time I tried using her I kept...actually I don't know what the heck I was trying to do. But once I figured her out, she became very handy.

I don't know if it's her or something I unlocked, but her ATB feels really fast compared to the others and she's versatile with melee and ranged options. I actually prefer using her over Cloud. Barret is still master of ranged. Tifa masters up close Melee. Yuffie has a great go between.

I still hate Cait Sith. I mean, as a character he's kinda meh. But in the realm of combat, he feels borderline useless.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I loved Cait Sith in the original, though I don't recall him being particularly useful on combat back then, either.
Currently at the mines past Mt. Corel. I've been forgetting to learn the weapon's special skills, so now I'm cycling through the chars and spamming them. It is helping me understand how the chars work better.

Side note on the gym in Corel:
I can't beat Jules at crunches. Having the controller actually fight you back and get tougher to button mash is crazy and makes it harder, but I love that they can do this.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Gold Saucer
I don't get the point of having a dance-off with the girls and Yuffie getting a new outfit. Maybe it'll come up later. Dio was suitably ridiculous, I actually forgot about him. Cait Sith is cute, I like the accent but he doesn't sound like a cat. Was expecting something a bit more playful/young/raspy... but it's not like Reeve is a pro actor or anything XD.
Wasn't aiming for anyone, but got Tifa for a date. Was a bit bummed that the play and ferris wheel got cut. It does feel like we're rushing the plot along and throwing additional chars in, but I get it. Would prefer this over having too many FF7 sequels (Kingdom Hearts, anyone?)

Desert Bowl
Poor Dyne. Not important/popular enough to have his fate rewritten. I just want to hug Barrett ;_;

Caldwin

Citizen
I just arrived at the Forgotten City. So even though I haven't gotten to the end yet, I feel safe in saying that there was no point to the dance.

It came out of nowhere with no foreshadowing. It was very weird even within the world of the game. Once it was finished it was never referred to again.

The thing is, there's a lot that's just batshit crazy about this sequence. But the thing that sticks with me is that I just can't not be taken out of the moment when it comes to perfectly synchronized improvisation.

Caldwin

Citizen
So I just got to the were I can see the Forgotten City. My PS5 tells me I need to free up some space if I want to keep recording vid captures. I just made it to the Forgotten City. Of course I want to keep taking vid cap!

So my entire night was transferring vids to a thumb drive so I could delete them off the PS5. I was left with absolutely no time to actually play. I feel like I finally have the climax in sight but just got told I have to wait to finish the movie another day.

😭

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I finished it. Credits are rolling now.

It's a bit of a mind screw, but...

Aerith still dies. I would've been surprised is she didn't. But she seems to be pulling an Obi Wan. She helps fight Sephiroth side by side withClohd. Zack also takes part. It seems like he lives on in a parallel world. It's pretty bitter sweet.

So, yeah. I'm still watching credits, but I'm betting it'll let me go back and do sidequests like Remake did. So I'll probably do a bit of that. But I think for the most part I can go back and focus on XIV. But this was a hell of a trip.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Got past Cosmo Canyon. I've been neglecting side quests b/c I want to see what happens, dammit!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Finished it last weekend, now I'm trying to get all the quests/exploration done. Except for the Moogles. I want to punt them into a fire.
I just finished the Queensblood saga today, that was ffun. I think I want to save the relics for last, or I won't have much motivation for everything else.

As for the main story... I'm still processing and gathering my thoughts. Will probably be a long rant. One note, though:
THEY BETTER CURE ROCHE DAMMIT! DON'T YOU RUIN MY GAY HIMBO!!!

Shadhausen

Citizen
I found the Moogles are much easier if you skip trying to make them dizzy/carry them and just chase them to the tree house. As long as you stay close to them they won't use their attacks so all you have to worry about is avoiding the attacks from the already captured Moogles.

Top Bottom