Favorite scenes in TF media (tv, movies, comics, games) (40th)

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
What are your favorite scenes provide clips/visuals if you want

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Setup: IDW1 has just started with a new premise; a small team of bots and cons are on Earth for a simple infiltration on a backwater planet while Megatron and Optimus are larger than life characters are busy elsewhere conducting the war, so we're stuck with small timers. Things get wild when the Decepticons discover something that could change the course of the war. In order to try and figure out what it is, the Autobots enlist the help of their new human friends. While exploring an abandoned Decepticon base, Verity Carlo discovers an active room:

Transformers%2BInfiltration%2B5.png

Like I was actually shocked by this. I liked Verity and assumed she was grade A dead meat... but then Megatron just ignores her because she's irrelevant to him.

It was kind a different take on Megatron at the time; not a trigger happy despot or an organic hating psychopath. Calm, cool, collected and not one to waste a shot something that is a complete non-threat to him.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Arrival to Earth will always define the live-action movies for me.

Also, this:
bPyWsUa.jpeg

I'd grown a bit cynical and disconnected from the still-enjoyable MTMTE stories at the time, but this had me all misty. It's always striking when a too-cool-for-school characters (cast) who are sassing and quipping and bantering their way through madcap plot adventures get to take a moment to drop all that and be real and sincere.

There's so much wrapped up in "Thanks for travelling with me."

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Let's see...off the top of my head, they would be:

-The "...and definitely don't shake hands with her!" scene from the G1 episode, Enter the Nightbird.

-Any G1 episodes involving Skyfire.

-Most any scene from The Transformers The Movie is permanently burned into my brain. However, when Optimus and his crew land on earth and he says, "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost", it still gives me chills.

-From Beast Wars, one would be the scene from The Agenda (pt. 3, I believe), where Ravage says, "Decepticons forever!" Also, the lightning scene from Possession, where Starscream is visible for a brief moment.

-That one scene from Beast Machines where the Maximals are running :LOL: .

-The cover of issue #25 from Marvel comics' Megatron's Last Stand. I love the Predacon/Megatron battle in that issue!

-The cover of issue #1 from Marvel comics' Transformers Generation 2: This is Not Your Father's Autobot!

I'm sure that I could go on, but that will have to do for now.

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
scourge.reformat.jpg

From the time I was a little boy seeing this movie in the theater for the first time... this scene was everything for me.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Came here to post that.

Top moments in ...

Movies: Arrival of the Autobots in Transformers 2007. You may not think much of the Bay films but you got chills. Admit it.

Shows: As tempting as it is to go with Dinobot's sacrifice, I'm going with his reemergence in Nemesis Part 2. It feels so right to revisit the character that one last time before the show's over. Also, it's a betrayal Megatron hadn't anticipated and weaved his plans around. He needed that shoved in his face. It's such an underrated moment.

Comics: Rodimus Prime and Death's Head arguing over Galvatron's bounty in front of Galvatron, who is quietly going insane. It's a great moment of visual storytelling, in a medium that should really pull that off a lot more than it does.

Videogames: Tidal Wave's transformation. It is the most memorable scene in a Transformers game, bar none. Even if you haven't played it, you know about that part.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
G1 Pre-movie:

Optimus getting blown up and tumbling down the mountain side. Such a scary moment as a kid.

TFTM:

A lot of folks have mentioned the great moments in this film, but I want to say the part that still gets me is at the end when Hotrod evolves into Rodimus Prime, and you hear Optimus say, "Arise Rodimus Prime". Still gets me every time.

Post TFTM:

So many moments to choose from, but the best has to be the Return of Optimus Prime. Not only do we get the hate plague, but we get Optimus coming back, working with Galvatron, and then even having a ceasefire between the Autobots and Decepticons at the end. It was the last new TF episode I saw as a kid, and to be honest it was a good one to go out on.

G1 Comics:

#5 All are dead. Perfect way to continue the story after the massive success of the four parter mini-series.

G2 Comics:

Making Planetfall without a spaceship is not recommended. Or something like that. It was an epic moment where Megatron, thought dead, comes back to help save the day. G2 was where we started trying to give Megatron some redeeming characteristics. In the G2 comic that hinted that Megatron had changed since the destruction of Unicron, the evil influence upon him and other Decepticons had gone.

Beast Wars:

Dinobot's Death was epic, as was the arrival of Ravage, the reveal of the Ark, and the Cliffhanger of Optimus getting shot in the face. Finish the quote Megatron, "Nor would he yield!". That was a great scene!

RID: Omega Prime was epic!

Armada:

No comments.

Energon:

"Scorponok, Be my shield."

Animated:

Not even going to spoil it. But when you find out why Ratchet is with the Ark, and the Ark gets fully repaired...

Bulkhead being the Space bridge genius.

Bumblebee's basic training episode.

Megatron getting taken out in the first episode, and his eventual return, "Decepticons, Transform and Rise up!" Perfect phrase for the Cons.

Starscream and his personalities.

Prime:

The rock getting killed in the first episode.

The entire ending of season 1. Seriously that Arc made this series so epic. With the fallout from it going into season two with Optimus not remembering anything about the Cybertronian wars.

The Zombie Insecticons, that episode was creepy! Hate that Knockout didn't get a chance for revenge.

Starscream's redemption. Honestly, this was probably the best Starscream has ever been in a series. He gets exactly what he wants, rules the Decepticons, loses battle after battle, then is exile, realizes the error of his ways, and legitimately joins Megatron as a loyal Decepticon. Add to this the moment when Megatron saves him, "Don't make me regret which one I chose to save"

Bumblebee speaks. That ending episode was so epic. Megatron has killed Bee, and he drops into the stuff below him, regenerates, and saves Optimus by killing Megatron while saying his first line of dialog in the series. EPIC MOMENT!

Last edited:

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
A recent one for me is the battle at the start of EarthSpark's "Age of Evolution, Part 1". It's just so well done, it should be required watching.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
G1 Pre-movie:

Optimus getting blown up and tumbling down the mountain side. Such a scary moment as a kid.

TFTM:

A lot of folks have mentioned the great moments in this film, but I want to say the part that still gets me is at the end when Hotrod evolves into Rodimus Prime, and you r hear Optimus says, "Arise Rodimus Prime". Still gets me every time.

Post TFTM:

So many moments to choose from, but the best has to be the Return of Optimus Prime. Not only do we get the hate plague, but we get Optimus coming back, working with Galvatron, and then even having a ceasefire between the Autobots and Decepticons at the end. It was the last new TF episode I saw as a kid, and to be honest it was a good one to go out on.

G1 Comics:

#5 All are dead. Perfect way to continue the story after the massive success of the four parter mini-series.

G2 Comics:

Making Planetfall without a spaceship is not recommended. Or something like that. It was an epic moment where Megatron, thought dead, comes back to help save the day. G2 was where we started trying to give Megatron some redeeming characteristics. In the G2 comic that hinted that Megatron had changed since the destruction of Unicron, the evil influence upon him and other Decepticons had gone.

Beast Wars:

Dinobot's Death was epic, as was the arrival of Ravage, the reveal of the Ark, and the Cliffhanger of Optimus getting shot in the face. Finish the quote Megatron, "Nor would he yield!". That was a great scene!

RID: Omega Prime was epic!

Armada:

No comments.

Energon:

"Scorponok, Be my shield."

Animated:

Not even going to spoil it. But when you find out why Ratchet is with the Ark, and the Ark gets fully repaired...

Bulkhead being the Space bridge genius.

Bumblebee's basic training episode.

Megatron getting taken out in the first episode, and his eventual return, "Decepticons, Transform and Rise up!" Perfect phrase for the Cons.

Starscream and his personalities.

Prime:

The rock getting killed in the first episode.

The entire ending of season 1. Seriously that Arc made this series so epic. With the fallout from it going into season two with Optimus not remembering anything about the Cybertronian wars.

The Zombie Insecticons, that episode was creepy! Hate thtat Blackout didn't get a chance for revenge.

Starscream's redemption. Honestly, this was probably the best Starscream has ever been in a series. He gets exactly what he wants, rules the Decepticons, loses battle after battle, then is exile, realizes the error of his ways, and legitimately joins Megatron as a loyal Decepticon. Add to this the moment when Megatron saves him, "Don't make me regret which one I chose to save"

Bumblebee speaks. That ending episode was so epic. Megatron has killed Bee, and he drops into the stuff below him, regenerates, and saves Optimus by killing Megatron while saying his first line of dialog in the series. EPIC MOMENT!

Love the way you broke those down. Especially the Tranformers Prime highlights.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The Blackout attack sequence from the beginning of the first live-action movie. It really sets up the Decepticons as a military threat that could be hiding in plain sight.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
For me, my favourte scenes across most media

G1 Cartoon: OP V Megatron, upon hover dam
G1 Movie: OP V Megatron, also the crashing of the Quitason ship into Unicron's eye
G1 Marvel comic: Where Op knels before Scrop/Zarak, just the panel where he lays the Autobot symbol upon the ground
Headmasters anime: Fort Max transformation for the first time
Masterforce: God Grini taking off for the moon
Victory: The openning scene with Star Saber, taking out two cons, the final battle between him and his arch enemy
BW: Season 1 finally
BM: Mid series cliffhanger where the clash of the enegries
RID: Omega prime intro
Armada Cartoon: Where OP first shows up to battle Megatron, the next ep where OP drives over the cons as he makes his entrance in his Earth Truck mode, the final battle between OP & Megatron inside of Unicron
Armada comic: the unexpected appearance of alterative Optimus prime
Energon: The first battle with the Terrorcons
Cybertron: Where Megatron makes his first appearance by appearing in the Autobot base and the fight afterwards, Galvatron debut, where he kicking everyone's butts, showing that he been upgraded in power, Galvatron V Super Starscream and lastly the final battle between Prime and Galvatron
Animated: The shorts, like Blitzwing not being able to decide where the pool should be, Ratchet preforming work upon Bulkhead and all of the stuff left out, Grimlock & Bulkhead playing fetch, Starscream messing around while Megatron giving his speech
Prime: Op V Megatron at the end of season 1, Predaking intro in his dragon form in front of Megatron, Optimus's arrival to attack the cons in season 3 with his new body
Live action Movies: Blackout attack upon the miltray base, ROTF Forest scene, OP upgrading with Jetfire's parts and taking out the Fallen rapidly, with the iconic and maybe cringe worthy line of "Give me your face!!"
IDW comics: Hot Rod's planet dive in his spotlight comic
Prime Wars trilogy: None, nothing really stands out from that for me
WFC trilogy: Omega appearing to aid the Autobots and the Ark flying into the space bridge

The reason for a couple of series left off, is because I not watched them or seen whole, for example RID2011, the so called Prime sequel, it was a major step down in terms of animation and the trailer wasn't really giving anything promising in terms of vibes, for me to warrent spenting time watching, so I not seen it, much like Cyberverse and Earthspark, I just don't feel attracted to those series!

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
My favorite scenes:

• G1 - The fight between Optimus and Megatron in Heavy Metal War.
  • TFTM - So many scenes. Such heroic nonsense. The Optimus/Megatron fight. The reformatting. The coronation. Unicron's transformation. Arise, Rodimus Prime.
  • BW - Megatron rising from the lava in his new dragon form.
  • BM - The whole sequence with Optimal Megatron.
  • Armada - The final fight between Optimus and Galvatron.
  • TF2007 - Blackout's attack. Arrival to Earth. Optimus/Bonecrusher. Really, like CoffeeHorse said, pretty much anything with any of the Decepticons.
  • Animated - Megatron's revival through "transform and rise up."
  • RotF - The forest battle.
  • Prime - Megatron throwing Vehicons off the Nemesis without checking if they were jet or car types.
  • IDW - Every time Rodimus and Megatron shared a scene in MTMTE/LL.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
G1: For me as a continuity weirdo and a fan of connectivity my favorite moments to think on from g1 tv is when Old Snake yells "Cobra" and when we see Marissa Fairborne - while over in the comics ... it has to be that issue with black suit spider-man on the cover... I had that for the longest time in a "mini" archie sized version and it was always fun.

Bw/m: Airazor's first episode
Rid: That time Magnus and Prime did the "you s.o.b" handshake and turned into Omega Prime (I might be intentionally misremembering this)
UT: yeah the tidalwave transformation from the game was really good
Animated: that time Shockwave went purple ... I just about died from squee
Prime: ALL OF IT
Movies: that first bit of Bumblebee was great
IDW: The way Sideswipe ended

anything newer than that I don't think I watched enough off. Windblade seemed cool in that first season of cyberverse. ... oh and it was a hoot to see what that new guy voicing Megatron did in the Machinaflix shows

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One thing I want to say about the Prime Wars trilogy. Megatron rocked in it. I especially loved the last part where Unicron tries to take control of him, and he is able to actually resist it, because he is Megatron!

Xero

Citizen
This whole sequence..

Soundwave's comic run. Prowl's slip and transform, Soundwave getting yeeted, again comically so. The seekers getting bent from Bluestreaks blast. Prime doing the talking to short people at the end...all perfect.

x

Top Bottom