Favorite licensed vehicle Transformers (40th)

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Over the years we have seen an increce of licensed vehicle TFs whats some of your faves?

Deathy G1

Citizen
One of the Corvettes: G1 Tracks - C3 Corvette, Alternators Tracks/Battle Ravage - C5 Corvette, ROTF/DOTM Sideswipe - Stingray Concept Coupe/Convertible, AOE/TLK Crosshairs - C7 Corvette

G1 Tracks probably wins since the C3 is my favorite Vette.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Gigawatt is automatically on that list.

But I remember the Alternators Ford GT very fondly. I wish the robot mode locked together better, but what a gorgeous car and a cool robot mode. Especially in Rodimus red, and it managed to get two takes on that color scheme too.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Does the G1 Bumblebee toy retroactively count since the Vintage G1 reissue was officially licensed by Volkswagen?

Failing that Netflix Bumblebee.

Shout outs to Gigawatt and MP Road Rage tho ('Viola why aren't you shouting out MP Tracks?' I don't have MP Tracks, I can't shout out a toy I don't own lol). I do have some issues with the latter's robot mode (even though I still enjoy it) but that vehicle mode? Mmmmmmmmmm so good and it's red, which is one of my fave colors.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
BinalTech and Alternators was one of the coolest lines for accurate, licensed vehicle modes. The transformations for most of them were a pain in the ass and their robot modes suffered for the sake of vehicle accuracy, but damn if they weren't cool. I sold all mine off several years ago, but they sure were cool.

The TF1 line was really cool too. '07 Camaro Bee is still one of my favorite transformers designs ever.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Alternators Smokescreen will always have a special place in my heart for being the figure that pulled me back into the hobby.

Pretty much any of the Alternators, as the whole line remains to this day one of my favorites. As Lastmaximal said, the Ford GT is one that immediately comes to mind as a high point for the series.

Netflix Bumblebee is finally the official Volkswagen G1 'Bee that I had been wanting for nearly 20 years, with the one very slight nitpick of needing a less dour face.

Volvo Prime, specifically the Christmas version, is beautifully absurd in a way that tickles my fancy.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I thought the Ford GT was the specific Alternators mold that everybody universally despised.

Dake

Citizen
There are just too many cool cars to choose from.

MP Wheeljack/Exhaust
BT/Alt Mirage/Hot Rod
Omnibot Downshift

But hey, they don't have to all be cars. How about Starscream? I assume the MP F-15 version was licensed. I know the F-22 movie version was, but I didn't personally care for the bot mode.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I thought the Ford GT was the specific Alternators mold that everybody universally despised.

YOU THOUGHT WRONG!!

You may be thinking of how everyone always complained about the Ford Mustang being extremely difficult to transform properly?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man, I'd love a fresh take on the Alternators designs in the main line. A new GT that locks together better, a non-frustrating Mustang (use it as Wheeljack first, want to see those colors). A pickup truck, maybe sharing engineering with Hoist/Trailbreaker. The Tracks design. Even just use like the Smokescreen rally color scheme on the Datsun mold, and the Dead end colors on the Sunstreaker mold.

Top Bottom