Fantasy Gunslinging anyone?

Autobubbs

Citizen
Mind wandered at work tonight. Moved to how to re-assure some parent that D&D isn't evil. Initial thought came up to make up your own version of 'The Magnificent Seven' with whatever gunslingers you wanted.

And then I started contemplating it.

So yeah. The Situation is that of the Magnificent Seven (ie: Seven Samurai with Guns) ... Small town being extorted by bandits, goes to find folks to protect them, hire 7 gunslingers who turn around and train them to defend themselves.

The challenge: You go all 'Fantasy Football" in assembling your team of 7 fictional wild-west era personalities from Books, TV, Radio, or Movies. Hell, I wouldn't turn down someone assembling a cast of real-life Wild-west legends. Timeframe does not necessarily have to line-up.

Any takers?

Myself.... Two I know for a certain are Matthew Quigley from 'Quigley Down Under' and Bret Maverick from 'Maverick'.
-Quigley is an expert Rifleman, armed with a custom 1874 Sharps Buffalo Rifle. He can make short work of any one, or multiple, targets at long range.... but is no slouch with a pistol either.
-Might be confused with my choice of Maverick. However I've seen a lot of the old show. He is a gambler, and yes he can handle a pistol... but most importantly he's also a smooth talker, who throughout the series had to literally connive his way out of whatever situation he got stuck in. It wouldn't hurt to have someone with his charisma on their side.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Matt Dillon from Gunsmoke. Not only is he deadly in a shootout and handy with his fists, but he's been shot and bonked on the head so many times that he's surely built up an immunity to both by now.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The Man With No Name...mostly just to continue the theme of Westerns that were lifted from samurai films (in this case, Yojimbo), but the dude is clever and resourceful, so he's still a decent pick.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I'll go for an obscure one: Lazarus Lane, also known as El Diablo.

Formerly a mild-mannered bank clerk, Lazarus was caught in a bank robbery, shot, and left for dead. He was found by an Apache shaman who revived him as a spirit of vengeance (and became his mentor), and he became a vigilante with a reputation for being unkillable.

Notably, in at least one continuity, Lazarus is an ancestor of Lois Lane (Clark's not the only one who has an interesting heritage).

Top Bottom