Experiencing Transformers through your kids

Shockwave 75

Citizen
A while back I replaced my old Rhino TF DVDs with the Shout! Factory set, and I was contemplating trying to sell them. Recently I gave my son some old bootleg DVDs I have of SilverHawks and Centurions, and he's been watching them and enjoying them. So I decided to give him my Rhino sets. He's currently on the first half of S2 and he's really into it! He's been asking me all kinds of questions about the show ans the characters like, "Did they ever make toys of the Constrcuticons, or Autobot Spike?"
He's even been repurposing some of the Transformers he has as the G1 characters, so I just gave him the Botshots of Thundercracker, Acid Storm, and Powerglide.
I really wish I had those legends class Seekers from a few years ago to give to him, he'd love them.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
My nephews played one of the Transformers mobile games with the G1 cast and when they visited, I laid out my Classics, Universe, Generations, Animated and movie toys for them to play with.

The mobile game had Sideswipe as a character so they were asking where he was. Too bad, I only had Sunstreaker (since I wasn't out to collect every G1 car).

We had fun making silly adventure stories. I remember making the character I was using repeatedly get hit and dramatically fall off the table in slooooow motion and he (the toy) was calling for his teammates (my nephews) to save him with a grappling hook or a last minute jump grab or a flight mode pick up, hahaha

Platypus Prime

Citizen
My nephew has some communication issues and so anything that gets sentences in a logical order is welcomed. He's loved Transformers the Movie and has started recycling the dialouge, and we've been using it to help with pronunciation. It's great when he start making his own sentences based on it. But sometimes it gets weird, like:

"Optimus Prime! You're back!"
"Of course I'm back, I'm a robot I can't die..." (I must not be the only one who wondered that)

Or when he started on Beast Wars, and I heard:

"Well, that's just Prime..."
"Hey, that's really cool man, how'd you do it?" (huh?)

And just recently he found out that the trailer on Dead Optimus can sort of hook into a gap in the back of Gigawatt, resulting in "You built a time machine out of Rodimus Prime..."

I don't know what's going on, but it's clearly entertaining to him.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I have really enjoyed sharing Transformers with my 3-year-old and his 5-year-old best friend. They mostly get to watch Animated at this point, as G1 was deemed “too violent” for a while, but they both think they are big stuff when Big Haywire gets some of his Transformers out to play.

And my son made me proud the other day when I asked him if he wanted to watch Transformers or Gobots, and he said “GoBots!” It was then that I knew I was raising him right. 😉

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
In the past, I have shown my nephew clips of G1 as well as stop motions by fans of TF and he messed with some of my figures, but because of the stuipdy of this world, I haven't been able to show him anything for well over a year now, its not that I haven't seen him, its his mother that the problem, she wants her kids to be outside in the garden when they come over and he is kind of developing a social life of sorts now, so seeing him, is getting a bit harder, plus I am working a lot right now, his sister being older, has more freedom but she not into TF, I got no clue what she into really at times, thou she has a bit of a interst in wildlife and taking pictures with her Granddad! The up side of not having my nephew enter the place, is not having to spend ages tidying up after him but then where I got a bunch of figures currently, is a large mess with bots lying on top of one another or stood in certain places on the board that they are on, in other words, I need to really tidy it up, evenly!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My kids loved the G1 cartoon! We got through season 1 and well into season 2 with it. Granted they were only 3 and 5 when we were watching it, so that is an achievement.

They like to play with TFs. I have given them my old WFC/FOC toys, some G1 Decepticons, and some misc TFs. Last year I got them both their own Cyberverse Arcee toys, and they loved them!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Today my 4 year old ask to play with the T rex transformer. I tried to hand her FOC grimlock, but she meant G1 Trypticon.

I was proud and we went and got them their TFs to play with, as the wife had put them in their closet.

Top Bottom