Everywhere You Go: Super Robot Wars thread

NovaSaber

Citizen
To recap, for the first time ever, a crossover Super Robot Wars game will be available outside of Asia.
Specifically, the Steam version is worldwide, while the PS4 and Switch versions are in Asian regions only.

Here's the second PV in English:

And here's the reveal for the DLC that will be happening in a few hours:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I'm still torn between importing it for my Switch, to go with T and X, or through Steam...

Also an FYI if you're importing for Switch, get the Japanese version. The SEA version(which is marked English) doesn't have a eShop still yet so there's still no way to get the DLC. It worked with T because the HK version(which does have an eShop) is the same number etc, but the HK version for 30 doesn't have English included this time. And the Japanese version apparently does.

NovaSaber

Citizen
The DLC packs are said to be 9 units each, but they only revealed 6 or 7 so far.

Ryukooh/Koryuoh from SRW OG (not clear if they're being counted as one or two)
Ni-Nu Gundam
Voltes V
Sakura, Erica, and Gemini from Sakura Wars (I forget the names of their mecha)

EDIT: Never mind, the official site reveals that the last two are
Ogami and Shinjiro from Sakura Wars.
https://srw30-thirty.suparobo.jp/character_dlc/

Last edited:

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’m definitely hunting down a Switch version. SRW looks like such ott mecha fun.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
There's a demo on the Japanese Switch eShop if you want to try it out. I didn't see a way to buy the Season Pass outside the Digital Deluxe(and Ultimate) version, but It's like $7 more to buy all the addons individually instead. The Japanese eShop apparently doesn't always take foreign credit cards, but you can order the prepaid cards from Play-Asia and other places to pay for it instead. You do need to make a Japanese NIntendo account first to do any of that, though, and link it to an additional user on your Switch(but it's not needed if you plan to buy physical and don't want to get any of the DLC).

As far as first impressions, the interface feels a lot flashier than previous entries, and they changed how support attacks work so both mechs need to be on the same terrain it appears. There's also a quick black screen on transitions that could get annoying during battle animations when it switches from enemy attack to counter(or attack to enemy counter).

NovaSaber

Citizen
Yeah, the demo's also on PSN, in every region that's getting the PS4 version. (Note: the Hong Kong version reportedly does not have English this time. But the Japanese Switch version does; not sure about Japanese PS4.)

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Well my Switch cart just shipped today, and SRW30's 3rd in global sales on Steam as of a few hours ago! The only games beating it are Age of Empires 4 and the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

NovaSaber

Citizen
The final DLC and accompanying free update are both more substantial than I thought they'd be.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Despite being able to buy the expansion now, still gotta wait a week for the actual meat of it to land. Looking forward to it - I've held off on the other DLC so far, so I'm gonna have a lot of new stuff to look forward to on a second run.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Of note:
- Ultimate Dancouga has never been in any actual media so this is its debut
- Getter Devolution never had a show so if it's not reusing music this was made for it
- the Scopedog that's not LRS is apparently a new mod of it too?

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
A fan-rebalance patch for Advance Portable dropped a few days ago. I'm not personally familiar with the original, but I've heard enough about its reputation to avoid it before now - but I'm down to give it a go with this.

Dvandom

Citizen
I picked up SRW30 on 65% off sale last week, but I haven't tried it yet. Most of the negative reviews have been of the, "it's not hard enough" variety, which suits me fine. :)

---Dave

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Yeah, when I played 30, my last experience had been...getting my much younger, not-genre-suited brain blown out by OG1 and 2 in the late 2000s, so I gladly welcomed a much more player-friendly game. Now that I'm...5...ish? games in, I do understand where people come from with that line of thought, but not nearly as much as some of them seem to want...

Top Bottom