Customs Electrum repainted Jada Nano Metalfigs

Dvandom

Citizen
So, lots of doubles in the third assortment, so I decided to strip the paint from them and try other stuff. An "easy" (yeah, wasn't actually) mod is to have them join the Electrum forces, since the third assortment had Optimus and Soundwave in gold.

JadaElectrum1.JPG

My first try used gold paint on Prowl and a gold paint marker on Wheeljack, but as you can see neither really worked well. So I stripped the paint from both to try again.

JadaElectrum2.JPG

I found a paint that can pretty closely reproduce the look of the official Electrum variants, but it took way too many coats to be practical. I got a Pilot brand gold chrome marker from a local indie art supply store and tried it on Rhinox, looked pretty good.
JadaElectrum3.JPG

Unfortunately, I ruined a shirt and stained a pair of pants thanks to the dripping of the marker and a tendency to bobble it while trying to also use a pin to get gold into nooks and crannies, so these two required somewhat more care.

I've also been painting an Arcee as Lifeline, and decided to turn the Electrum'ed Bumblebee into G2 chromed BB, those are still in progress.

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Here's Lifeline. A bit lumpy, I probably should've given up about halfway through and dropped it back in the acetone to try again, but there's barely any detail on this particular mold to bother rescuing with better priming.

JadaLifeline.JPG

---Dave

Top Bottom