CoffeeHorse's Hospital Adventure

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Took my dad back to the hospital again. Been here since just before 2 in the morning. There were no rooms available so we had to camp out in a hallway for a few hours. I'm tired anf bored and hungry and I need to post my rambling thoughts

I like this hospital so mych better than the firsr one we tried. They're not zombies in here. Everyone moves quickly. It inspires confidence. I feel like they're o N it.

I love the ancient looking software they have on all the computers here. I feel like I'm looking at Norton Commander or something. I want a job like that.

This chair has way better lumbar support than the chair at my desk at home.

I'm already hallucinating though. It's been too many sleepless nights.

I've heard about hospitals being creepy at night, but this one totally isn't . Some of the night patients are a little scary (I really thought one guy was going to pull a gun in the waiting room), but I can't say there's a creepy vibe to the place.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
20221113_115138.jpg

Highlight of my day.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm finally home. Today was a miserable day. Some of the doctors seemed glum and that ruined my fay. But I'm reading the actual test results and they're somehow cheering me up. I'm very confused.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I've heard about hospitals being creepy at night, but this one totally isn't . Some of the night patients are a little scary (I really thought one guy was going to pull a gun in the waiting room), but I can't say there's a creepy vibe to the place.
Depends on the age of the hospital or even the "area". Different areas can have "different energy" depending on what occurred there.

I work at a hospital which was built back in the 60s and built onto over the years.
There are places (like Central Stores, which was a morgue at one point, or the Human Resources wing, which was the ER decades ago), I WILL NOT GO at night. Hell, I have had enough stuff happen in ICU (where I work) that I'm not thrilled to be left alone in the unit at night.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'm finally home. Today was a miserable day. Some of the doctors seemed glum and that ruined my fay. But I'm reading the actual test results and they're somehow cheering me up. I'm very confused.
Maybe they were grumpy over someone else? In any case, you have every right to ask.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm visiting again. Had to skip breakfast again. Ugh. I'm waiting to meet a particular doctor, and then I think I'll have a chance to find some food.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
20221114_141158.jpg

This was my sandwich. Pretty good. When this is all over I need to try Dunkin again to see whose food I prefer. I have been genuinely living on nothing but Starbucks food and coffee for a few days, and it's been good.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Starbucks is good and all, but darn expensive. Hope you're not breaking the bank.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Good luck today, look forward to seeing your Starbucks pic of the day.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had coffee before I left the house this morning. I'm getting better at this.

But you know if my dad gives me a break I will probably visit that Starbucks for another round.

Top Bottom