(character) vs. (character)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Remember those days on the school playground where you would have arguments about who would win between Batman or Superman? This thread is for that.

Make well informed scenarios backed with research and stats. Say one wins because the other's father was a hamster and his mother smelt of elderberries.

I'll throw out some random ideas. But I'm on a phone right now and want to keep the post (relatively) short.

TMNT vs. Aliens

Wolverine vs. Aliens.

Wolverine vs. TMNT

Aliens vs Terminator

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I know that last one had comics in the 90s. Dark Horse loved pitting the Aliens and/or Predator against everyone they could get permission for.

Caldwin

Citizen
Aww, I missed it. Wolverine vs. Predator just got a collected edition. Not sure how long the individual issues have been around.

IMG_3106.png

I think the most interesting one would be TMNT VS. Aliens. I would imagine first contact would be a cluster **** forcing the turtles to retreat and regroup. They'd probably lose their weapons in the first fight thanks to the turtles having melee weapons and the aliens having acid for blood.

Of course the turtles would ultimately win because they're the good guys. But I'd love to see just how resourceful they'd have to get.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
I'm kind of surprised Dark Horse never went all out and did Aliens vs Predator vs The Terminator vs Robocop vs Judge Dredd.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
These arguments always seemed pointless to me. You can make anyone win if you use enough BS.

Caldwin

Citizen
It's BS, but still fun to think about. It's why these comics exist. Like...Usagi Yojimbo vs. Bugs Bunny. Usagi is definitely the better warrior, but Bugs lives in a world where a shotgun to the face is a minor inconvenience.

Caldwin

Citizen
There's two interpretations of what the horseman actually is. Either way, Highlander wins.

Horseman is an actual specter of a dead guy, Highlander crosses the bridge and is safe. Horseman can't follow past the bridge.

Horseman is actually just a jealous rival suitor trying to scare Crane away, no contest.

That said, either way Highlander won't get a quickening. That only happens when he kills another immortal.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Chichi and Venus would hang out and go shopping.... Mercury would hang out with Gohan and both would nerd out about having somebody to talk to who understands what they're saying ...

and then the best duo is Jupiter and Piccolo who just battle and go through an entire bag of beans mastering each other's moves ...

meanwhile Bulma and Tuxedo mask sit and have beers and commiserate about time-traveling children and how weird that can get

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
the other interesting link between Trunks and Chibiusa is that they both eventually hook up with girls who 'technically' are too old for them, but are then 'fixed' to be the right age by plot contrivance.

1002209113-photo-u1.jpg
tumblr_pbbyqj1n841rd9kxqo1_500.png

I'll admit, I searched for the "Bulma Tuxedo Mask" to see if anyone had drawn the two in a comic just having 'that' conversation... and both of these pics popped up. I put them in this order for Med lol. Damn though.. Bulma can chuck me a rose any day of the week if she's in those pants... Yowza!

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I‘ve read a bit of Robocop vs Termintar, Superman vs Aliens and Batman vs Predator 3 (the fought 3 times?)

This thread also reminded me of this fan film.

Caldwin

Citizen
Classic Lara Croft with her classic arsenal vs. Indiana Jones in his prime

Lara:
+ crazy arsenal including but not limited to fully automatic dual Mac 10,s, assault rifle, grenade launcher

+ athletic beyond normal human abilities

+ has gone up against literal gods

- doesn't always think thing's through and has nearly caused the end of the world as a result

- has a habit of leaping to her death on a whim

Indiana Jones:
+ rarely packs more than a whip and a revolver but rarely needs more.

+ Even when tired and worn out can find it in himself to give the fancy swordman that all important bullet.

+ Has gone up against the entire Nazi army and stared Hitler himself in the eyes

- Doesn't have nearly the same athleticism as Lara, even in his younger days.

- Has a thing about snakes

Top Bottom