Can Anyone Recommend a Good Journal Program/App?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A while back, I took to keeping a journal, mostly to jot down the day's happenings and other such things. I found it rather freeing for my mind, as I wasn't having to try to remember everything day after day, and made it easy to check up on things, etc. Like an external drive or USB key for my brain.

Problem is, the software I've been using, Glimpses... well, the support hasn't been great lately, and it's now at the point of non-existent. One of its best perks, storing entries in Dropbox, doesn't even seem to work any more. So I'm in the market for something new, ideally one I can easily import my backups from Glimpses into.

Does anyone have any recommendations, preferably for Windows 10? I'd just download something that sounds good, but that's how I wound up here asking about this in the first place, so I'd like to hear something from anyone who's actually used something to good effect.

(Side note: I checked out "Journal, a Microsoft Garage Project (Ink Notes)", but it won't let me import, at least that I can find... so that's sort of a "Plan B" for now.)

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I like Evernote. The entries sync to your account, you can attach multiple notes to one journal, use pictures or audio clips, etc. Also free, but of course it will try to convince you to subscribe. I mainly use it for short stuff, nothing too complex.

Top Bottom