Beetlejuice Beetlejuice coming this fall

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Is that really the title?

Is this going to end up being a trilogy? Or will Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE be some kind of meta stage play or VR experience?

While the teaser reveals nothing, it sure does have a lot of memberberries. I wonder if it's Lydia's dad's funeral they're attending? I mean, you can't get Jeffrey Jones back. 🤮

I hope they manage to get Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin back for cameos, at least. Weren't they supposed to be stuck in that house for like 100 years or something, according to the Handbook for the Recently Deceased?

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen

Is this going to end up being a trilogy? Or will Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE be some kind of meta stage play or VR experience

Would you prefer Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian Instead?

I hope they manage to get Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin back for cameos, at least. Weren't they supposed to be stuck in that house for like 100 years or something, according to the Handbook for the Recently Deceased?

Delia finally found the number for some good exterminators.

spikeriley

Citizen
I have to agree with the title, as it is basically one Beetlejuice away from summoning the ghost with the most into our world.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen

Is this going to end up being a trilogy? Or will Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE be some kind of meta stage play or VR experience?

While the teaser reveals nothing, it sure does have a lot of memberberries. I wonder if it's Lydia's dad's funeral they're attending? I mean, you can't get Jeffrey Jones back. 🤮

I mean, I wouldn't mind Gina Davis. But Alec Baldwin? You do realize we're not trying to make the cast and crew into actual ghosts, right?

Teufel

Citizen

In a blink and you miss it frame Jeffrey Jones' face is on the tombstone.

jeffrey.jpg

I rarely go to the theaters anymore but I'll be there opening weekend for this. I'm not sure a sequel is necessary and am skeptical they'll be able to pull it off, but I've watched the original so many times since I was a kid so I feel compelled.

And yeah, Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin and their exploration of the afterlife were big parts of what made the first one so good. I get they're ghosts and shouldn't age which is kind of tricky 30+ years later, where as Beetlejuice you can at least sort of pretend a little bit behind makeup. But heck, figure something out. Beetlejuice looks 70 as a side effect of getting his head back to normal. Geena and Alec look old as some unforeseen consequence of the ceremony in the first movie. Everyone would be happy to just roll with the flimsiest excuse.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
In a blink and you miss it frame Jeffrey Jones' face is on the tombstone.

View attachment 20120

I rarely go to the theaters anymore but I'll be there opening weekend for this. I'm not sure a sequel is necessary and am skeptical they'll be able to pull it off, but I've watched the original so many times since I was a kid so I feel compelled.

And yeah, Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin and their exploration of the afterlife were big parts of what made the first one so good. I get they're ghosts and shouldn't age which is kind of tricky 30+ years later, where as Beetlejuice you can at least sort of pretend a little bit behind makeup. But heck, figure something out. Beetlejuice looks 70 as a side effect of getting his head back to normal. Geena and Alec look old as some unforeseen consequence of the ceremony in the first movie. Everyone would be happy to just roll with the flimsiest excuse.

I could even buy that as standard issue ghosts (not the forced-into-public-service type that are otherwise seen in the original film) they slowly age over the course of their 100 year haunting before moving on in pure spirit form to the actual afterlife.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I could even buy that as standard issue ghosts (not the forced-into-public-service type that are otherwise seen in the original film) they slowly age over the course of their 100 year haunting before moving on in pure spirit form to the actual afterlife.

Now that's a decent idea for where they went. Maybe volunteering to work one of those bureaucratic afterlife jobs is an alternative to the haunting/purgatory confinement, with time getting taken off for your public service.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I feel like I need more info before I decide whether to watch at the theater or wait until it comes out on DVD/streaming.

Top Bottom