Autoworkers on Strike

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Not sure if this should get bumped to the politics thread with the Hollywood actor/writer strikes, but United Auto Workers (UAW) just went on strike, having significant impact across the nation and is in response to ALL of the “Big Three” (Ford, General Motors, Stellantis (formerly Chrysler)).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And now we will have to buy imports and Teslas until the Big three realize that they need workers and they need to pay them.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Tesla is owned by the guy whose response to the strike was this:

It'd never happen, but I'd love to see this brought to court, as Musks constant comments about "Free speech" could almost be constituted as a verbal contract, thus, revoking the verification is in direct violation of the contract.

Axaday

Citizen
I will be really surprised if they get a 4 day week without a pay cut. But I wouldn't mind seeing that idea cascading to other industries.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was kind of expecting to see Frank Welker to be there or something, but I guess he has his own Union strike to walk for.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Well that's hard-drive.. they are often a bad satire site.. so I can't tell if that pic is real or not.

*obviously not real.. I thought I saw a stick making the Megs look like a sign!*

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Five people were hit by a car driving through the picket line outside the plant near Flint, MI.

Top Bottom