Are The Transformers Movies F*CKED?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I worry about Rise of the Beasts its cast seems to be pretty big to cram into one two hour movie unless they are going to leave the door open for characters to return in the sequel, if it gets a sequel, I honestly think at this point in time, Transformers tends to get looked down on by Hollywood and they just don't know what to do, sure there are a thousand ways to tell their origins but its what comes next is the main thing, I really hope Paramount has taken the lessons learned from the failures of the X-men sequels and the Star Wars sequel trilogy, but I doult it as they seem to be stuck in a rut right now, called lack of creativety, every Hollywood company wants the Marvel money but aren't willing to put in the leg work to do so, Warner Media or should I call them Warner Discovery Media now, due to the merger, they had a very rocky road with their cinmatic universe and they are at the point of giving up and going with the tried and tested form of stand alone movies with no grand narative to expand across all of the films!

If Paramount & Hasbro wants a shared universe, it would be best to find someone to help plan things out and then someone to guide the films across that universe, much like Kevin has done for marvel, thou it looks like phase 4 is where things fall apart because they are trying to adapt failures and make them sucesses, so planning is the key to a large universe, Lord of the Rings spent years in the planning stages before they went and filmed the trilogy back to back, a gamble that paid off, the best example of rushing into a trilogy with no plan is the Star Wars sequel trilogy, it was all about the money and the story was a bad rehash of the original trilogy! Sure some film series can get away without having a plan, such as James Bond, Mission Impossible but for a brand like Transformers, I would say they would need a plan of action, who is to appear in what film, how well recived the film is, what characters fans liked, which ones they didn't like, simply put, don't rush in with no plan of action, there is plenty of lore to draw from, sure the brand may not been around as long as DC or Marvel have been but its long enough to establish its own idenity and have a pasionate fan base!

The only way the brand is screwed on the big screen is if they suddenly decide to cater to the so called critics/access media instead of fans as well as to just one part of the world that isn't your own, the results of that are not good because it can make things look messy and runs the risk of alienating much of the movie going public, sure the movies will never truly be made for the die hard fans as they are meant to be crowd pleasers but if they can simply respect the fans, they will spread the word of how good a film is as posative word of mouth is what actually helps a lot of films suceed!

Top Bottom