Anyone attending Botcon or tfcon 2024?

Gigatron64

Citizen
Some of you may know me as Tyson. The last time I've been to a convention was botcon 2015 Chicago. We had an amazing time!

I'm now in a position to attend again after all these years! So that begs the question arr there plans for the crew here to attend?

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Assuming there's a TFCon in LA again in 2024 (I seem to recall that already being confirmed, but I could be wrong), I'll most likely attend. It's unlikely I'll go to BotCon wherever it ends up. New Jersey (its 2023 venue) was a definite non-starter.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Why 2024? Neither convention has happened this year yet.

As of this typing, that is. TFCon Toronto 2023 is two days from now.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I'm planning on TFCon LA next year, they do really well for guests, as well as any other TFCons. Mostly depends on the guests.

Was planning TFCon Toronto but cancelled. Botcon is usually hella pricy, more the venue than the con itself. I'm not writing off Botcon 2024. Yet.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I'm planning on TFCon LA next year, they do really well for guests, as well as any other TFCons. Mostly depends on the guests.

Was planning TFCon Toronto but cancelled. Botcon is usually hella pricy, more the venue than the con itself. I'm not writing off Botcon 2024. Yet.
After my previous response, I looked up TFCon's website, not only are they indeed doing an LA convention next year, but they seem to planning something special for the 40th anniversary.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Me going to a convention is entirely dependent upon the location. Would love to go to BotCon again, however, and would love to go to TFCon for the first time.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
^ That. I live in Jacksonville and am considering going. But yeah, I'm with Echowarrior here. If the con is relatively close and easy for me to get to, I will go. Botcon '99 is the only time that I was way out of my usual orbit, (I lived in TX then) but I was also working in Des Moines, IA at the time, and it was figuratively right up the road.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
i'm going to tfcon orlando.
^ That. I live in Jacksonville and am considering going.
Tampa, right here!

I'm keeping TFCon Orlando open as an option, but I'll have to wait and see if it's in the budget and/or doesn't clash with any other plans when the time comes, since I'm already set to go to next month's BotCon this year and that's a bigger expense (and I've never been to TFCon, so I don't know how it compares to BotCon).

Top Bottom