Any theories on why RotB Cheetor doesn’t have a VA?

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
I have a feeling he obviously won’t be speaking in the film, for starters. My question is why?

Will he get the AoE Dinobots treatment in that he’ll just be a background character there to fill out the ranks?

Will there be an in-universe explanation, like he had his voice box damaged too? (Cus Hasbro loves their yellow kid-appeal movie characters that can’t speak for some reason.)

Is he not speaking cus each team needs their designated non-speaker cus symmetry or something? (Like the Autobots have BB and the Terrorcons have Freezer.)

Or was there just poor planning?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The answer to all of those questions is... "We dunno."

Though, why wasn't this just asked in the ROTB thread instead of its own?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Background character with no lines.

Would not be surprised if ALL the maximals outside of Primal are.

-ZacWilliam, who wants their robots to be characters with personality?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
If only the Bumblebee movie had made a gajillion dollars like the first four movies did.

BB movie takings was the result of the mess that was Last Knight, ROTB takings will also be the result of that film as well as the marketing for this, so in a way, I am worried, while I have seen the BB movie on DVD, I didn't think it was that great of a film, it didn't have much of a plot to it, what BB goal on Earth, protect it, how is he meant to protect the whole planet, in away the film is kind of Spielberg envisoned for the first TF movie, thou its a girl and her car in this film, about the only thing really note worthy in the BB film is the opening scene on Cybertron and the last scene of the film where BB meeting up with the Truck that hinted to be Optimus thou it was never confirmed at the time on screen and the toy just so happened to look like what his Earth alt mode is! If this film fails it will likely set TF movies back by a few years and maybe then the people behind it will listen to fan complaints, we know the people desgining the toys are listening to our feedback thou they are still doing things that aren't needed such as gaps in legs or arms, but we'll see what happens when ROTB comes out later this year!

As for Cheator not having a VA, I would say that he will have a non speaking role and most of the Terrorcons, or they just haven't decided whose voice to have, yet as the rest of Maximals have gotten VAs offically done

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
I think given that the movie is less than 3 months away from being released, I'm pretty sure all production on it has long since wrapped. So, if Cheetor doesn't have a VA by now, he won't.

And at least as far as the roles of the Maximals go, there are some hints for what's in store character role-wise in the bio blurbs on the toy boxes, for Airrazor at least. For Cheetor it's just "he stands with the Autobots and other Maximals to fight the Terrorcons" or something generic. I'm personally leaning towards him being shoved into a background character role just to create some movement on screen, which is a shame, given how dynamic Cheetor is as a character. Guess he can also be a silent but deadly (snerk) ninja warrior type, which at least would be bad-ass.🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom