Ahsoka - streaming on Disney+

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well tonight’s episode was amazing.

only part I didn’t like was Anakin saying he didn’t recognize the battle. I get he wasn’t there, and at that point in the timeline he was a bit busy, but he should have recognized the troopers helmets from Clone Wars final season as either Anakin or Vader since he showed up after the fact to the wreck.

Anakin with the red saber was cool to see

LOVED the clone wars parts. Would have been cool to see Kenobi too, but oh well.

Did the Clone Troopers have the Orange marks on them in the episode last night? Surely that is something that they would get right, but I can't recall if they did.

I was hoping for them to acknowledge that she fought him as Vader. Maybe even have him comment on it or something.

The Clone Wars flashbacks were neat. and I loved the hunt for Sabine and Ahsoka with Hera, Jacen, and Carson. Carson was awesome in this episode and I loved the space whales.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
The de-aging looked fine to me. On par with the process we've seen to date and more than acceptable for a TV show honestly. Now we haven't actually seen him talk, so that could change things - but I don't think they needed to do as much work with Hayden as they have for Jackson or someone.

Sabine had to be in this because that's how Rebels ended. Sabine did get training from Kanan, so it seems reasonable that she would've asked Ahsoka to pick it up after.

I'm still not sure about Marrok. Night Sister magic has always been red and glowy which is what I'd expect to see if a spell was broken.

It didn't occur to me that the thing elevating the orb was actually flame - I assumed it was just a magical effect. Seems like baking your orb like that would in fact shorten its lifespan. I don't think Ahsoka realized it was hot.

Anyway, the stakes increase!

I'll definitely be curious to see how all this plays out. I assume Sabine opted to surrender the Orb because she'd be no use to anyone dead and this way she'll at least get to tag along. Hopefully the tracker they got on that last hyperdrive motor can still be followed to another galaxy. Barring that I assume they'll somehow use the Purgils.
Night sister magic has been green. When Savage Oppress died he had green mist seeping out of him.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Did the Clone Troopers have the Orange marks on them in the episode last night? Surely that is something that they would get right, but I can't recall if they did.

I was hoping for them to acknowledge that she fought him as Vader. Maybe even have him comment on it or something.

The Clone Wars flashbacks were neat. and I loved the hunt for Sabine and Ahsoka with Hera, Jacen, and Carson. Carson was awesome in this episode and I loved the space whales.
Yeah they had the orange paint in their helmets. I geeked out at that.

For a brief moment I thought we were gonna get Ray Park as Maul and I started getting goose bumps. I can only imagine the fan eruption if we had gotten Kenobi, Cody, and Maul in those flashback scenes.

Axaday

Citizen

At the very end of the season 7 and at the very end of the war, Ahsoka came back to help at the siege of Mandalore. A bunch of all of Rex’s men painted a likeness of Ahsoka’s head on their helmets to honor her.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
At the very end of the season 7 and at the very end of the war, Ahsoka came back to help at the siege of Mandalore. A bunch of all of Rex’s men painted a likeness of Ahsoka’s head on their helmets to honor her.
Yes, I saw that in Clone Wars' final season. I just didn't remember seeing that in her flashback last night.

Axaday

Citizen
Yes, I saw that in Clone Wars' final season. I just didn't remember seeing that in her flashback last night.
Yes, I saw some run past her with the marks. I misread your question before.

When Anakin appeared there, I groaned and said to my wife, "He shouldn't BE there" right before he said, "I don't know this battle."

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I am going to rewatch the episode tonight, but I keep seeing clips on TikTok. I love the change-up of Anakin in his fighting styles. At the start, he seemed to be almost playing with Ahsoka. When he busts out the red saber he took on a more aggressive attack style with more purposeful swings. I don't know yet where it ranks as saber fights go, but for me, it was one of the more fun fights to watch.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Not gonna lie. I didn't really 'get' what they were doing with the whole finishing her training bit. I've seen a lot of videos going on about how he helped her let go of her guilt and stuff but it didn't really feel like that was addressed at all...

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, maybe it was him trying to teach her when not to fight, since he said that he trained her to survive the Clone Wars. It wasn't handled all that well, but the flashbacks were great and it was neat having Anakin back while he is still young enough to play the role.

Axaday

Citizen
Not gonna lie. I didn't really 'get' what they were doing with the whole finishing her training bit. I've seen a lot of videos going on about how he helped her let go of her guilt and stuff but it didn't really feel like that was addressed at all...

Yeah, maybe it was him trying to teach her when not to fight, since he said that he trained her to survive the Clone Wars. It wasn't handled all that well, but the flashbacks were great and it was neat having Anakin back while he is still young enough to play the role.

I will feel like the scenes fail if they don't come back with a bookend later to hammer it home. Ahsoka falling in the WBW again or Anakin appearing as a Force Ghost to say that Yes she got it and what IT is.

I THINK that Anakin is showing her that he taught her what he knew in the Clone Wars and what he knew was that the only options were to fight or to die. As he progresses through the Clone War, he eventually demonstrates to her that believing and living that lesson brought him to ruin. I THINK she is supposed to have learned there that what he taught her was wrong. Fight or Die is eventually just Die. So she chose an option LIVE as a new alternative to his two options which were actually just one option.

Edit - I like playing with the idea that she thinks right now that it was just a vision, but Anakin could come back later as a Force Ghost and refer back to it and she'll realize that he is somehow still alive and ask him how that can be and he can tell her that he can teach her how.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
I am going to rewatch the episode tonight, but I keep seeing clips on TikTok. I love the change-up of Anakin in his fighting styles. At the start, he seemed to be almost playing with Ahsoka. When he busts out the red saber he took on a more aggressive attack style with more purposeful swings. I don't know yet where it ranks as saber fights go, but for me, it was one of the more fun fights to watch.
Yes, I noticed that too! The first fight with Anakin had a lot more flourishes and swordplay and once he switched to Vader it became more simple but brutal, slashing attacks with far less finesse, relying on strength alone.

It made the point for me (at least I assume). Anakin said his job was to make her a warrior, which shows his unfortunate but reasonable misunderstanding of both the role of the Jedi and his own purpose as her master. It's generational trauma in action: he was raised in a terrible environment and then - due to circumstances outside his control - had his great power sculpted by conflict. He knew no better. Ahsoka had a loving young childhood, but was brought into the Order very early and again due to the circumstances of the time, had her training accelerated by war. Perhaps a different Master (like Plo Koon) would've managed to help her strike a balance between the higher ideals of the Jedi and the realities of the galactic civil war. But with Anakin as her master, she was going to see almost nothing but a "victory at all cost" mentality.

Having the Order then accuse her of being a traitor, leaving it, and then Anakin's fall would likely only serve to reinforce that trauma. It wasn't until these flashbacks and final duels that Ahsoka (as an adult) could see the damage done and where that leads, and make the decision to break the cycle.

I'll be honest: maybe because I've had some therapy (and could use more honestly), I've been taught to recognize some of this stuff, but I spent most of that whole sequence crying because it seemed really powerful to me. Like, she didn't even stand a chance. Yet, thanks to some other strong figures in her life like Plo and Rex, she's survived and now can maybe also thrive.

Last edited:

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Thrawn and Ezra are perfect. Loved this episode. Some motivation/backstory for Baylan and Shin. Sabine and Ezra's banter is perfect.

Axaday

Citizen
Ok, it looks like everyone is here to see my predictions again. Baylan's apprentice got the screentime to show us she isn't so hard after all. And the groundwork is all laid for Thrawn to double-cross Baylan. I think they'll be fighting Ezra and Sabine when they see the Star Destroyer break away and head off to orbit and realize that Thrown is throwing them away. Meeting Ezra and a refreshed Ahsoka on those terms is probably going to turn them.

Edit - Oh, and I am surprised Thrawn doesn't know who Ashoka's master was.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
I imagine it's as much about putting two and two together. She left the order before the civil war and was thought to be dead. And iirc the only people alive that new who Vader once was at this point besides Ahsoka, were Vader himself and the Emperor.

Axaday

Citizen
I imagine it's as much about putting two and two together. She left the order before the civil war and was thought to be dead.

I was referring to the line where he asked for someone to get him all of the information about her. Who her master was and all. I don't remember now if she ever met Thrawn in Rebels. I watched the show pretty casually, but I have been assuming that he was aware of her. Maybe not?

And iirc the only people alive that knew who Vader once was at this point besides Ahsoka, were Vader himself and the Emperor.

For the purposes of my question, it isn't necessary for anyone to know Vader was Anakin. I was surprised he wouldn't have known Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker's padawan.

You don't recall correctly. Baylan Skoll knows. Luke and Leia and Han know. Snoke knows. I would bet on Sabine and Lor San Tekka knowing. Tarkin (now dead) had figured out who Vader was, right? Thrawn didn't manage to figure it out?

Last edited:

Top Bottom