Ahsoka - streaming on Disney+

Axaday

Citizen
It would be a shame to have that naysayer Senator be one more Imperial loyalist. We have had enough of that. But man. We have a Nightsister and former Imperial Somebody that we arrested on purpose for Nightsistering without a license and a couple of her henchmen show up and spring her and kill a bunch of people and then steal a big hyperdrive and THEN a General comes and says we know where she is, let's go get her. And the Senate says, "In THIS economy? No way."

Forget about Ezra and for a moment also Thrawn. Isn't it enough that we found where this most wanted criminal is?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If the purgils took Ezra and Thrown to another galaxy immediately and they have been stranded for about 15 years, did they stay together? Has Ezra been a prisoner that whole time? I am worried about how they will pull this idea off. When the witch contacted Thrawn that she was coming, I doubt he would have called Ezra up and told him not to be late. Or do I remember wrong and she didn't contact him? I initially thought they were building some kind of portal, but ok it is an enormous hyperspace ring that is also a ship in its own right since it is so big. Maybe she just knows she'll be able to get in touch when she gets there and Sabine is hoping she'll be able to figure out where Ezra is too.

Well, he was on Thrawn's bridge with no weapons when they got banished, so he probably was captured. If he escaped then he is probably around trying to keep Thrawn from messing up the place or leading a resistance.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Yes

Yes

Yes
yes-yes-grogu.gif

Axaday

Citizen
Maybe he jumped back into that Jedi Time and space thing again.
Yeah maybe.

Maybe Sabine and the bad guys are going to get to Thrawn and Ahsoka is going to get to Ezra. Ahsoka could also maybe use a purrgil to get there. OR Ahsoka has her own thing to do now and won't actually leave the normal galaxy.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
It would be a shame to have that naysayer Senator be one more Imperial loyalist. We have had enough of that. But man. We have a Nightsister and former Imperial Somebody that we arrested on purpose for Nightsistering without a license and a couple of her henchmen show up and spring her and kill a bunch of people and then steal a big hyperdrive and THEN a General comes and says we know where she is, let's go get her. And the Senate says, "In THIS economy? No way."

Forget about Ezra and for a moment also Thrawn. Isn't it enough that we found where this most wanted criminal is?
The Senate believes Thrawn and Ezra are dead and his entire fleet were destroyed at Lothal years ago. They don't believe he escaped and Hera is just tilting at windmills (with the exception of maybe Mon Mothma who fought with Ezra and against Thrawn and knows what both are capable of).

Axaday

Citizen
The Senate believes Thrawn and Ezra are dead and his entire fleet were destroyed at Lothal years ago. They don't believe he escaped and Hera is just tilting at windmills (with the exception of maybe Mon Mothma who fought with Ezra and against Thrawn and knows what both are capable of).
Did you forget about Ezra and for a moment also Thrawn like I commanded?

Axaday

Citizen
He hasn't stopped caring yet. But he didn't find Grogu until they called out to him. I think a strong force user can recognize another when they are nearby, but I don't think Luke can tell what planet to look on.

I'm not sure what Snoke and Kylo Ren sensed that they called an awakening. But Rey was a .1%er and so were they.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Is Ashoka breaking new ground? Not really. Am I enjoying it? ABSOLUTELY.

I’m still loving how “classically Star Wars” it is, after the mess ObiWan and the Sequel Trilogy did mangling that very idea. It’s just so refreshing to watch a series that uses the Force, but still leaves open for new and interesting ideas. One of things that I think Mando nailed was the sense of new, of wonder and excitement, but not taking itself so damned serious like wannabe prestige series ObiWan and legit prestige series Andor.

I can see how some fans might be put off on this “origin” episode, but even I had to remind myself that, for a LOT of current fans…they might not have seen much before the recent films or Mandalorian. There are probably a lot who never finished Clone Wars, even MORE who didn’t watch Rebels, so this comes as a nice refresher for those who have only known the character from her Mando appearances.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Well tonight’s episode was amazing.

only part I didn’t like was Anakin saying he didn’t recognize the battle. I get he wasn’t there, and at that point in the timeline he was a bit busy, but he should have recognized the troopers helmets from Clone Wars final season as either Anakin or Vader since he showed up after the fact to the wreck.

Anakin with the red saber was cool to see

LOVED the clone wars parts. Would have been cool to see Kenobi too, but oh well.

Axaday

Citizen
Anakin with the red saber was cool to see
That was Darth Vader.

When Baylan Skoll treated Ahsoka like fighting was all she knew, I didn't feel like he was being fair. Just taunting her. But I think the writers feel like he was being fair. I don't understand the mechanics of what went on with Anakin and I hope some more explanation comes down the way, but the message (that they ALSO left mysterious so far) I think was Anakin showing her what he taught her and how that turned out for him and that teaching being to always keep fighting. I don't know whether we'll get a bookend with Anakin somehow, but we'll know this paid off when she wins by not fighting.

I THINK Jaycen wouldn't hear lightsabers unless Ahsoka was somehow really fighting Anakin in the WBW with a door left ajar.

Oddly, they just had a couple seconds of Anakin last week and the CGI didn't work for me, but there was a lot of him in this episode and mostly it was pretty good. There were a couple times when he was standing there talking that it didn't quite do it for me. Maybe it is harder when it holds still.

Axaday

Citizen
I don't really remember much dumb stuff in [Thrawn Trilogy]
Nobody knew what the Clone Wars were back then. Joruus C'Baoth was a bad guess. A really bad one. And we're onto you C'Baoth! We can tell you're a clone. Because you spell your name wrong.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nobody knew what the Clone Wars were back then. Joruus C'Baoth was a bad guess. A really bad one. And we're onto you C'Baoth! We can tell you're a clone. Because you spell your name wrong.
If I recall correctly, he didn't talk much about the Clone wars just that the emperor's hidden facility had the cloning facility of one of the great Clone makers from the Clone Wars. It was ambiguous, and can still be properly wedged into canon.

Joruus C'Baoth was part of the Outbound flight project, and that was before the Clone Wars took place IIRC.

Top Bottom