40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Skipped Unicron because of the terrible kibble and price:value ratio. I also preferred the 3P unicron’s execution. Don’t really care about Deathy and Victory Saber but I don’t dislike them, they weren’t too expensive and i could always resell later so I backed them. Kind of the same with this really. I like the concept but have no real connection to RID/Car Robots so it’s just a really cool robot for me. When Optimus being gigantic is my biggest gripe, it’s not a terrible deal.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd have loved this because I love the characters, only got one back in the day (OP, whose tire condition I do not know), they seem improved anyway, and I'd love to complete the set...

But still feeling trust issues with Hasbro here.

Kup

Citizen
As much as I was hoping things would work out that I could get him, it’s not going to happen. Will have to be content with my original FC.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Today, not only has the backer count surpassed 20,000, but the page has finally been updated with actual toy pics instead of renders. Forty-one pics, to be precise! So these will have to be split across three posts:

kRAsJJi.jpeg

HDMcVRq.jpeg

ZluBnAs.jpeg

1j5LKAm.jpeg

IH44SCf.jpeg

70sA5Mb.jpeg

7yeLTCG.jpeg

NSjol4P.jpeg

dEj4IKq.jpeg

ohIjIPt.jpeg

eGIhGae.jpeg

ebmF590.jpeg

MybVj6P.jpeg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man, he is beautiful. At least I know my Nephew will be getting one so I can drool over his. I just can't swing this guy right now, especially since I own the original.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
But remember, according to people who claim to be an expert in such things, "It's still not G1 enough to ever fund".

And on that note, WOW, 23,131 as I write this, I actually went back right before I hit 'post' to reload the page, and it had jumped to that in just the minute it took me to check, so my number is likely already wrong!

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Like, if it was something else from RiD, maybe, but it's still a flippin' Optimus Prime. I would have been shocked if this didn't get funded.

Shadewing

Citizen
Like, if it was something else from RiD, maybe, but it's still a flippin' Optimus Prime. I would have been shocked if this didn't get funded.

Things I feel would fund from RiD: Omega Prime, Megalvatron, Rail Racer. The first two are easy, but Rail Racer is trains that might not do well at retail; but is still one of the more popular sets from that series. We get like Leader sized versions of the railbots in one set that combine? I think there would be enough interest there to fund. Everything else feels like it could do well at retail.

Top Bottom