40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
So Hasbro posted the next Haslab reveal is happening on the 30th of January...

and then promptly took down the announcements.

So who knows what's going on! Figured I'd make a thread incase the message comes back.

Roll Out #TransformersTuesday like never before! We’re kicking off the #Transformers 40th at 10am ET on Jan 30 with an epic #Fanstream! Join BMac and Evan on #HasbroPulse’s YouTube channel as they unveil an all-new Transformers #HasLab! You don’t want to miss out!

Last edited by a moderator:

RCX

Citizen
I think they took it down because the initial promo showed an 11AM eastern time but it's actually 10AM.
Come on CYBERTRON!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know if I'm hoping for a giant Mt. St. Hilary / The Ark playset or not. I mean, it's what I want, but I also probably couldn't afford it, so I'm torn. I highly doubt that that is what it would be anyway, so the point is moo (like, a cow's opinion).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know if I'm hoping for a giant Mt. St. Hilary / The Ark playset or not. I mean, it's what I want, but I also probably couldn't afford it, so I'm torn. I highly doubt that that is what it would be anyway, so the point is moo (like, a cow's opinion).
Great minds! I would totally get one though, and redesign my entire display around it!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We at least know three things that it won't be:
  1. It won't be an Optimus Prime,
  2. It won't be a gun-mode Megatron,
  3. And it won't be yet another Victory character.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Titan class Daniel Witwicky with removable jumpsuit that can be worn by an actual child.

Batteries not included for built-in boy-crying sound effects.

Spike would take titan class while his son takes commander class, Spike would come with his few lines from the 86 movie including his "Oh S***!"

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
If I had to pick something that I think it could be, that I would want I don't know...

Playsets seems like a huge Not-Gonna-Happen-Ever. (I'd love a Smelting Pool from the Marvel Comic but that's happening on the west side of never.)

Characters that would get me excited my first thought is Big Red but that's almost certainly too obscure.

The only thing I can think off the top of my head is a much better Metroplex.

-ZacWilliam, I mean yeah I might want Primus because I have Unicron but then doing one to scale seems fairly unlikely, as that size feels like a one time thing.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In all seriousness, I'm hoping it's something that'll be nowhere near as big and expensive as Unicron was. That was a lot of money, and I can't imagine anyone being happy to drop that much from their bank accounts a second time. Or even a first time if Unicron was deemed too expensive.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I doult it will be Primus, as Unicron was a hard sell, all I can think of, is:
1. Play sets for Ark & Nemesis scenes
2. Metroplex directly based on the G1 desgin and the normal bells and whisles these days for large figures
3. God Grini (get around the Optimus prime no go for Haslab
4. RID Omega prime, AKA RID Optimus prime & Ultra Magnus
5. Halonix Maximus (the Hologram from Heavy Metal War)

This is made presuming that this year's Haslab is going to be a Autobot as the last one was a Decepticon

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Omega Prime makes a lot of sense. The main argument against it is that we think Primes are off the table for HasLabs, but that's a policy that could change any time they want, if it was ever a concrete policy in the first place.

Top Bottom