Earthrise Optimus Prime to Be Reissued!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Didn't get to try Siege until the spoiler pack Nemesis Prime, but I agree the limb proportions are generally much better.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
(raises hand)

Didn't get it when it came out (plenty of Optimuses over the years) but by the time I had seen enough reviews talking it up enough to get me interested, it had already ballooned in price.
Yep that's pretty much me, I didn't pay attention to it until I realized I did want it a year or two later and then saw the aftermarket prices.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I might be in the minority here, and I know that SS favors the show/movies out of necessity, but I would like a trailer that can interact with the Autobot cars. Store a few of them, have a little repair bay that Ratchet and Wheeljack can use, etc.
I'm with you. The old Optimus trailers used to be able to hold so much more...

OptimusTrailer.gif

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I wonder what the SS86 could do differently. It would have to be something from TFTM.

Explosive effects on his fuel tanks and a jump feature?

Battle damage from his megaton fight where he got cut with the lightsaber?

Shiny grill with a Decepticon's reflection in it?
They really don't necessarily need to stick to TFTM for any accessories they include. E.g. Hot Rod came with his toy's guns, Starscream came with Megatron's chair from MtMtE Part 1, and Swoop is coming with swords for him and Grimlock.

With those as precedents, they could certainly include a few accessories from other sources. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't at least include his axe. Maybe a Megatron gun, unless that comes with Megatron instead. Maybe the key to Vector Sigma? None of those are really original, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment on any other items that might stand out as being particularly associated with Optimus.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Color change paint so when you do something (UV exposure, dunk it in ice water, whatever) he turns grey? I haven't seen color-change paint on Transformers since G2, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm trying to figure out how 'death' can be an accessory, we already got it as a complete figure. Several times if you count Starscream's clear releases.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I think that Prime's battle-damaged, near-death look would be kind of interesting to see, too. Like still being the traditional color, but having warped antennae, shattered windows, the abdomen gash, cracks here and there, etc. While we're on the subject, doing a similar, beaten-up-but-still-functional look for Megs would be cool and equally welcome.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I imagine they'll hide the leg wheels this time, and I'm curious how they'll do it. Third parties have found a dozen ways to do it that are all simpler than MP-44's madness.

Top Bottom