Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Dake

Citizen
Man, Hound is my boy... but yeah, I can't do that set - I have all those other molds ... should have just done him in a legacy wave...
If I didn't also need a Sunstreaker, I probably wouldn't have done it (though I know I'll be annoyed when the set inevitably goes on sale). That being said, this Hound will finally allow me to replace the Classics version. I wasn't sure when I got Detritus - he's just so bland to look at that it hurts the mold - but with him in hand, Hound's great.

I'm still certain we'll see a toy-colors version at some point, but I'm good now.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm hoping a nice Henkei style rich dark green with that gold stripe.

As nice and well-suited the lighter green is to friendly Hound, there's just something sophisticated about that deeper forest green and the contrast with that sharp gold that isn't even an army vibe but its own thing.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And let's not forget, stores couldn't get rid of Siege Hound and Netflix Hound. They were everywhere. Anyone who wanted a Hound had plenty of opportunities to get one.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wasn't sure when I got Detritus - he's just so bland to look at that it hurts the mold - but with him in hand, Hound's great.

Detritus needed to be a little less flesh tone. At least as far as I can tell from pics on the Wiki (wik-piks, as I like to call them) it's accurate to the original toy, but a deeper brown and army khaki would have been a lot more pleasant of a look.

Dake

Citizen
100% agree. While accurate to the original toy, I think it's partly the difference between being painted and being molded in that color because yeah - he has some uncanny valley going on looking like he's made of flesh.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Detritus needed to be a little less flesh tone. At least as far as I can tell from pics on the Wiki (wik-piks, as I like to call them) it's accurate to the original toy, but a deeper brown and army khaki would have been a lot more pleasant of a look.
100% agree. While accurate to the original toy, I think it's partly the difference between being painted and being molded in that color because yeah - he has some uncanny valley going on looking like he's made of flesh.
Same here. It's very close to the original (most pics I see seem to have them close, although there are some with a slight difference that might be lighting), but with less contrast and other little color details to break it up. There's just something about the drop of pink in all the sand, and the silvery gold accent color basically blending into it, that's not appealing. Even the dark brown is a bit off.

Similarity to the original aside, the final color seems like it should be a click or two off. He really should be a light tan rather than a light man.

How does toon Hound feel in hand? The bare bones colors aside, the surprisingly light feel is one other thing that I wish weren't the case for Detritus.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
IMG_8331.jpeg

IMG_8332.jpeg

IMG_8337.jpeg

Surprised how well these guys work together.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I like Sideswipe's face sculpt better but Sunstreaker's vehicle mode is much cooler, IMO. Tbh, I just want those spoiler/blasters that he comes with.

Top Bottom