Request to identify accessories!

Shadewing

Citizen
Anyone that doesn't need the crest to Cutthroat, I got one second hand that was supposed to be complete but ended up missing the headcrest...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I keep thinking it might be a PART of an accessory rather than its own thing becuase that flat panel at the end seems like it plugs into something. But it's the wrong shape for the TFTM 2007 Camaro's blade weapon.
Agreed. But I can't think of what larger weapon it attaches to and who owns said weapon.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
The 2 blue pieces are the same, one is upside down for detail (if it even shows up. The bottom black piece is just a 1x2 Kre-O piece for scale. DSCN1143.JPG

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so the green spikey bit is from animated oil slick. I did not realize he was missing his thumb because he was still in vehicle mode when I went through the boxes. He'll be reunited this afternoon.

All thats left is the blue sword thingy... and if we can't work it out: I might just pitch it and worry about regret later. There was a ton of other accessories I've liquidated because I no longer have the toys they go with. It might not even be a transformer toy, it would be gundam, or literally a dozen one shot, random figures from random IP and lines because I thought they were cool and bought them.... might be from halo? I had a bunch of those around the time ODST dropped cause I loved the game.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The 2 blue pieces are the same, one is upside down for detail (if it even shows up. The bottom black piece is just a 1x2 Kre-O piece for scale.View attachment 19956

I'd like to see the other side of the flat grey piece. My first thought was a trailer ramp, but it's not a match for anything I know of. So I'm thinking a door for a storage compartment. Maybe for someone's head in vehicle mode.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks so frustratingly familiar. The tube bit at the non-notched end seems like it's held in place by nubs on either side, which I agree suggests this is like a gap cover or hatch cover or something. The notch may also be for a fingernail or thin tool to open the cover.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I may have to check my entire collection because I feel like I've handled that exact one before, and yes the notch is to aid a fingernail in opening it.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I'd like to see the other side of the flat grey piece. My first thought was a trailer ramp, but it's not a match for anything I know of. So I'm thinking a door for a storage compartment. Maybe for someone's head in vehicle mode.
IMG_20240313_101155200.jpg

IMG_20240313_101148843.jpg

And a better look at the blue pieces:

IMG_20240313_101212020.jpg

IMG_20240313_101221179.jpg

For all I know, they don't even go to Transformers.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Can confirm, just checked on my own, and it belongs in his arms.

Edit: credit where due. It's not a great toy, but it is an awesome looking truck.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Huh, that's absolutely right. I could swear I've seen that specific circle with two wires leading from it. But I've never had that Optimus.

Those blue ones might be the tips of a launcher or something? Or something designed to look like one.

Anyway

IMG_20240314_005443.jpg

Shadewing

Citizen
It's basically Movie Optimus made from Unicron Trilogy engineering.

That's becuase it really is, they had JUST come off UT so a lot of that design philosphy is still there. Its not really till ROTF that the movie toys really come into thier own.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That's becuase it really is, they had JUST come off UT so a lot of that design philosphy is still there. Its not really till ROTF that the movie toys really come into thier own.
I'd say a lot of the 2007 Deluxes (particularly those of the onscreen film characters) were fairly complex and distinct enough from the UT engineering.

Top Bottom