When is the last time we got an original character redeco from a G1 character?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm just saying that the comic appearances of Alpha Bravo only happened because of the toy being made to begin with. It's not like the IDW writers had actually always planned to tell the Combiner Wars story. That happened because of Hasbro wanting the comic to advertise the toyline.

MTMTE was even kept out of the CW story because they didn't want it to interfere with MTMTE's story.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That happened because of Hasbro wanting the comic to advertise the toyline.
This has been true since Generation 1 started.

In any event, again, the question for me is whether or not a comic appearance counts as "exists in any way", or if "exists in any way" has to be in toy form since the title question does specify "redeco". Because there are plenty of "virtual redecos" thrown in here and there. My guess is it's the latter, which I suppose means I've just wasted everyone's time on this.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Up until Dark Cybertron, IDW1 was known for being perfectly content to tell stories that didn't try to be a toy commercial.
Technically, it was still kind of a toy commercial, it was just for toys that were mostly only available on the secondary markets. I'm sure people selling a vintage Ironfist at the right time appreciated IDW1, for instance.

Top Bottom