NovaSaber

Citizen

image.png

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
https://cyberplace.social/@GossiTheDog/112055549921655737

DjvYvWM.png

And unfortunately work filters block sites like 12ft.io so it won't let me generate a non-paywalled link. However, it also looks like Musk smelled a kindred spirit and (at least publicly) rejected the grift: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/mu...-either-us-presidential-candidate-2024-03-06/

Though not donating doesn't necessarily mean not supporting of course, considering we don't know what else may have been discussed in that meeting.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time Elno said something that was complete BS, either. He's been promising "full self-driving" Teslas (and taking money for it) since 2012.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Promising self driving while simultaneously removing sensors that are needed to make self driving viable...

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
So now Musk wants to turn Twitter into TikTok literally and make it a video platform(as Vine watches from the afterlife).
This was going to start with a talk show he greenlit, with himself as the first interview guest.
And he promptly canceled it because he didn't like the questions.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I'm surprised he was able to cobble something together in the first place with the skeleton crew they have left.

It's also a testament to his stupidity that he bothered in the first place. He could have just waited for Biden to sign the bill forcing China to sell TikTok to an American company, and then just buy it outright instead of trying to build a competing service from scratch.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
He couldn't afford it now, which is why he opted to homebrew instead of looking like a damn fool when his offer got rejected.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
As if he could afford to buy tiktok at this point.
Depends on who else is interested in outbidding him. Bluesky is too new to afford it either, Google and Meta are both out of the question because they already own competing platforms... Microsoft maybe? They've been big on growth by accretion lately. Hypothetically a bunch of investors could pool their resources and spin up a dummy corporation for the sole purpose of putting in a bid, but I don't see that happening.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Microsoft maybe? They've been big on growth by accretion lately.
Lately? That's been their MO since DOS 1.0

Joking aside. I can easily some private equity company gobbling it up and proceeding to run it into the ground within 5 years.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Assuming; you know, it's an american company that buys it, and not nationals from some sane capitalistic nation... if there is such a thing.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Depends, are we going on the tradition definition of "capitalist" that includes countries with robust infrastructure, sane regulations, and financial safety nets as long as the majority of what gets done is handled by private industries, or the modern definition that singles out countries that are actively working to tear down all that? (Which is pretty much just the US and to a lesser extent the UK.)

Top Bottom