40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Really? Seems to me like the Matrix Blade would be the first thing needed to make it "more complete".

Anyway, burying the lede here: Can these stands be used as wings on the figures? 🤪

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Really? Seems to me like the Matrix Blade would be the first thing needed to make it "more complete".

Anyway, burying the lede here: Can these stands be used as wings on the figures? 🤪

Perhaps the blade would make the set feel more complete. But it would seem to me that having a solid base to hold the figure(s) - especially when wielding the sword - would be more of a priority.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
That might be a good 'extra' tier if they did it, the SAME bases as what Omega had, except just two new single-piece arms that support the sword at a decent 'action' angle. So they'd only need two new plastic parts but add quite a bit of value.

For my more realistic idea for the sword, though, I'm thinking two of those Hasbro-sale displays I got with the slider-arms. I think those will hold it up fine if I position them right. Probably more securely than the tamahashis, those are too dependent on screws in clear plastic to hold tightly. I also think that the blue fire blast effect parts in the Tricranius pack might repurpose well as 'water' blasts for the ladder, but it's all hypothetical till it's in-hand.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Oh, I know! It was a joke on the ones, mostly other discussion groups, that kept ranting about it not being '40th' enough to fund. Meanwhile, I've been trying to pick out blast effects that look close to water, I think the blue 'Jetfire' blasts from Tricranius will be best. I've also been eying what shelf might accommodate them as they're, individually, quite tall, but together, will be a huge a space hog.

I don't have much left from that day and age, but I do still have RID Megatron/Gigatron. I'm glad I kept that!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Oh, I know! It was a joke on the ones, mostly other discussion groups, that kept ranting about it not being '40th' enough to fund.

Then they are idiots as Omega Prime is one of the coolest looking combiners that Transformers has ever produced and I would say in terms of looks, it rivals Victory Saber, who was desgined by a person who desgined Gundams for a living as he pretty much looks like a Gundam minus the mouth plate that Gundams tend to have

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My nephew ended up ordering one so at least I'll be able to see one in person if I don't end up getting one myself.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I figured it would happen today when we were at 15,900ish this morning.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
With the recent ghostbusters haslab, they partly revealed a new tier on Adam Savage's youtube channel but iddn't mention it on the Haslab page until after the campaign, where they also showed off the other half of the new tier.

Hopefully they don't do that this time and actually update the Haslab with the new tier if they have one, before the campaign is over.

Then again, they dropped the two Deathsaurus micromasters well after that campaign was over too.

Maybe they're tried to breed some extra FOMO. "Get on the campaign, you don't know what you're going to miss until it's too late!"

Top Bottom