The Repaint Concept Thread

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I know HasLab's have never gotten a repaint. But I feel like this could be the first. I only scrolled back a page or 2, has anybod done the Hot Spot colors?
I wonder if repaints of OP alone would be viable for retail...

Like, I get not wanting to make OP and Magnus in equal number for retail, but after they make back their initial investment here, maybe just the one...?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just add layer after layer after layer after layer until I'm happy with the color matching. Sometimes it takes dozens of layers for a single color.

GXE18

Citizen
RID 2001 Universe 2003 and Lucky Draw Ultra Magnus with Blue Bolts

TL U2003 RID Ultra Magnus.png

TL U2003 Bluebolts.png

TL LD RID Ultra Magnus.png

TL LD RID Bluebolts.png

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Universe 1.0 Ultra Magnus doesn't get enough attention, so I'm loving that. Yes yellow Optimus Prime is a more memorable redeco, but Ultra Magnus is part of the package and shouldn't be forgotten.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Universe 1.0 Ultra Magnus doesn't get enough attention, so I'm loving that. Yes yellow Optimus Prime is a more memorable redeco, but Ultra Magnus is part of the package and shouldn't be forgotten.
He even got a second release of that deco in the Cybertron line, with an Optimus that instead went back to being red.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I think Smolder has become one of my go-tos and will remain one until Hasbro make a less fragile one.

Smolder was one of the coolest characters to come out of PCC! I would team him up with movie Barricade, a theoretical Flatline, maybe BB Dropkick (for the helicopter, not a great fit...), and Road Pig or one of his redecos, and make a Decepticon counterpart team to the Protectobots! (Not a combiner team, just functional counterparts).

Last edited:

Top Bottom