40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Don't worry, next Haslab they'll do RID Megatron and he'll be scaled to Omega Prime just like the animation.
I certainly won't be surprised. And even without this Omega Prime, I'll be much more likely to get a nice, big Mega/Galva/Gigatron. He'll match up nicely with the original Omega.

I still lean toward thinking Commander would be a better spot for him than HasLab. Like Sabrblade pointed out, he's not THAT big most of the time. But given that he so rarely interacted with anyone else, if Omega is the only other character he truly scales with, I can live with that. It'll be disappointing if only one of his color schemes is available, though.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just to be sure, they didn't increase the size of the animation model when he went from Megatron to Galvatron, right?

I believe what happened in the original jap verison is that he aborbed power from kids minds across the world or at least Japan and from Fortress Maximus, for his size but it was in a temple collapse that he aborbed power to transform from Megatron to Galvatron and thus gained four more modes and became far more powerful, Optimus's plan was to trap him along with with himself in the earth's core so that he would never escape until he got a power up from all of the kids and that formed the sword accessory that he got and defeated him completely, then he was imprisoned with the Decepticons and MOST of the Predacons aside the baddest Shark around and Ultra Magnus with Fortress Maximus was transporting them back to Cybertron to stand trial for their crimes!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I vaguely recall Megatron changing size in different alt modes. Mainly the hand mode, where in at least one scene he was big enough to carry all of the Decepticons in vehicle mode, including Scourge's trailer, with room to spare.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I know Megatron spent most of his time up on his dais with no one directly next to him, or flying up in the sky with no one nearby.
But given that he so rarely interacted with anyone else,
Statements like these tell me y'all haven't really watched the show in a very long time.

"Oh, RID Megatron is so lazy! He spent the whole series sitting on a throne instead of leading his troops into battle like G1 Megatron did!" -- This exaggeration has been so overblown over the years that I've long been considering adding it to the wiki's Misconception article.

As for any size changing, that didn't happen. There was a general consistency to how big he was supposed to be, but admittedly there were times where the animation simply drew him in whatever size the plot needed him to be for whatever situation he happened to be in at those times. It was less like the deliberate size changing choices of the G1 cartoon, and more like the animation errors of the G1 cartoon.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Deathsaurus spent most of the Victory Series doing the same thing as RID Megatron did and it was likely those making RID or Car robots were inspired by that for the character, have the central villian become more active later in the series and have the lackies do most of the work

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Statements like these tell me y'all haven't really watched the show in a very long time.

"Oh, RID Megatron is so lazy! He spent the whole series sitting on a throne instead of leading his troops into battle like G1 Megatron did!" -- This exaggeration has been so overblown over the years that I've long been considering adding it to the wiki's Misconception article.
Please actually read what I say rather than just lumping me in with your pet peeves. I never said he was lazy, or never went into battle. He absolutely did stay in his command center often, but that's not what I was referring to. I said he rarely directly interacted with other bots, instead either standing on his dais or flying up in the air. I mentioned the fact that RiD used a ton of stock attack animations, where it cuts from a shot of the attack to a shot of it landing. I also capped that off with, "But he did occasionally stand next to others, and he never seemed that giant."

In other words, I was specifically commenting on how there aren't a ton of shots showing him standing next to other bots for direct size comparisons. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In other words, I was specifically commenting on how there aren't a ton of shots showing him standing next to other bots for direct size comparisons. Nothing more, nothing less.
Got it. That's on me. 😓

Here's a good shot of him with his initial teammates:

CRDestrongers%2CRiD01Predacons.jpg

And a later shot of him as Galvatron with a somewhat leaning forward, slightly squatting Sky-Byte:

Maximus_Emerges_Skybytegalvatron.jpg

Pretty much toy scale for these.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Got it. That's on me. 😓

Here's a good shot of him with his initial teammates:

CRDestrongers%2CRiD01Predacons.jpg

And a later shot of him as Galvatron with a somewhat leaning forward, slightly squatting Sky-Byte:

Maximus_Emerges_Skybytegalvatron.jpg

Pretty much toy scale for these.
All good. :) And thanks for the pics. I'd remembered him being about the same size as SFC, and that looks pretty consistent. Just double checked the scale charts, and looks like he was intended to sit right between SFC and GFC. So a little bit oversized in that final battle, but not by much. Seems the character models actually undersize GFC's combined mode. Pretty unusual for a combiner.

Definitely feels like making any Omega Prime toy scale well with anything is probably a lost cause. I'm feeling like a Commander Gigatron with the original GFC is probably the best it's likely to get. That's what I'd like to see, anyway.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Eh what the hell. I’ll back. Not like I’m buying much toys nowadays and worst case scenario, I can flip it.
Here you go:
Okay, now show the hours of prep it took to get Omega Prime in that pose.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
NGL, I liked when Fun Pub made him Big Boi:

1706767562887.jpeg

1706767546870.jpeg

1706767584854.jpeg

Wasn't a small fry in Legends, either.

1706767612585.jpeg

Definitely makes him feel like the one and only Omega Prime.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was looking more at his wearing Gigatron like a glove at a remotely believable scale, rather than anything else, honestly.

Top Bottom