Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
No, it's famous for being a massive ship,
You're the one who called the Nemesis a "popular and well-known Titan". That's what I was responding to.

I don't recall stating anything about G1.
And yet you won't even dignify using the guy's actual name at all, as if to you he's "#NotMyMetroplex", which comes across as you saying that G1 Metroplex is the only true Metroplex and anyone else using the name is a fraud and a phony, like there can never be more than one bearer of the Metroplex name, as if it the name is something sacrosanct that should never be used for anyone but G1 Metroplex. That alone reeks of "Geewun" behavior.

I bought the original version and most of the Armada line. Although I enjoyed most of the toys, I sold the original Metroplex due it's lacklustre alt mode. However, even that was a much better rendition than the recent version, which is criticism that was quite rightly levelled at it by some of "those that picked it up" and "who grew up with the Cybertron series as kids and have since entered adulthood (anyone who was 10 in 2005 would be about 27 by now".
And yet, that criticism of the altmode wasn't enough of a dealbreaker for the many who still own and love the figure.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Thrilling 30 Metroplex, the Fort Max mold, and the Ark are the weakest of the ones I've experienced.

The best ones for me have been Trypticon, Omega Supreme, and the Scorponok mold.

I've yet to experience Devastator, Predaking, or Cybertron Metroplex, but of those three, the latter is the one that I've seen the most praise for from other people.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm still sad I didn't manage to get Omega Supreme before the price shot up. Didn't have the cash to spare when he came out, and they don't seem keen on reissuing Titans.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, there is a rumor that he will get an Omega Sentinel recolor later. I don't know if it's true or not but if it is, it will presumably be 'normal' price. I'll be interested in what they do with Countdown if they do that, assuming he's gang-molded somehow.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Thrilling 30 Metroplex, the Fort Max mold, and the Ark are the weakest of the ones I've experienced.

The best ones for me have been Trypticon, Omega Supreme, and the Scorponok mold.

I've yet to experience Devastator, Predaking, or Cybertron Metroplex, but of those three, the latter is the one that I've seen the most praise for from other people.

T30 Metroplex started the titan class size, Fort Max as a retool of him, of the later Titan classes, the Ark is kind of the weakest, they decided to have a small bot within that Transforms into Teletran 1 and the rest of the body becoming massive robot, leaving no base mode that the other none combiner titans had, Cybertron Metroplex makes up his bulk with the massive weapon and he has a work mode as a smaller robot form! Personally, I can't judge Devestator or Predaking as I don't have either of them and neither really impressed me compared to the third party offerings

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
You're the one who called the Nemesis a "popular and well-known Titan". That's what I was responding to.

And it is. It's a popular and well-known vehicle/character that's going to be a Titan-class figure. It's well known for being big, just as G1 Metroplex was before the term "titan" was even retrosctively prescribed to any large Transformer/related large vehicle.

And yet you won't even dignify using the guy's actual name at all, as if to you he's "#NotMyMetroplex", which comes across as you saying that G1 Metroplex is the only true Metroplex and anyone else using the name is a fraud and a phony, like there can never be more than one bearer of the Metroplex name, as if it the name is something sacrosanct that should never be used for anyone but G1 Metroplex. That alone reeks of "Geewun" behavior.

If calling a fictitious character anything other than the name prescribed to it easily triggers you, then that highlights more about your own personality than that of others and that's for you to work out, I'm afraid. Also, you've jumped to conclusions about why someone might call it "Notroplex". Perhaps it's because they might also feel that this iteration hasn't done the original Armada version enough justice to warrant the "correct" term? Either way, it's your cross to bear, not mine. Also dismissing others as "Geewunners" isn't accurate (must fans of G1, from experience, like many other iterations of the franchise), nor relevant to the discussion either. Calling what is arguably the largest chunk of the TF fandom names isn't going to endear you too much.

And yet, that criticism of the altmode [perhaps] wasn't enough of a dealbreaker for [some] who [bought] the figure.

Perhaps, but it might also have been enough of a reason for some to either not bother with it, or wait for it to go on steep discount before buying it (as I've read of others doing from posts online).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And it is.
How can something that's never been a Titan before be "popular" and "well-known" for being a Titan?

It's a popular and well-known vehicle/character
When has the G1 Nemesis (which this toy is going to be) ever been a character and not just a lifeless vehicle?

Perhaps it's because they might also feel that this iteration hasn't done the original Armada version enough justice to warrant the "correct" term?
"Armada" version?

Also dismissing others as "Geewunners" isn't accurate (must fans of G1, from experience, like many other iterations of the franchise)
Then they aren't Geewunners. "Geewunner" as a term refers to those who don't like anything other than G1. That's how the term came about.

Perhaps, but it might also have been enough of a reason for some to either not bother with it, or wait for it to go on steep discount before buying it (as I've read of others doing from posts online).
Waiting for a Titan to go on sale is what happens with every Titan, not just Cybertron Metroplex. Because all Titans are expensive.

The rabid haters started hating on it the moment it was first unveiled, all primarily because it wasn't something from G1. And this was well before the toy itself was first released and before anyone with any opinions about it got to experience the toy in-hand.

And the majority of reviews from people who didn't immediately dismiss it as "#NotMyMetroplex" back when it was first revealed have been positive, giving honest and fair criticisms to the toy's minor shortcomings (which every toy has; no toy is flawless) while praising all the good things about it they did enjoy.

Some have even called it one of the best Legacy figures of 2022, right along with other contenders like Voyager class G2 Universe Jhiaxus and Leader class Transmetal II Megatron, both of which have also had their own minor shortcomings criticized but not written off as deal-breakers.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I don't have one myself, but Cybertron Metroplex is another case where DNA offers an add on kit that costs less than trying to shapeways the parts, and does correct most of the complaints. If you got one on the many sales still going on, it winds up coming out even or better, too.

Glitch

Citizen
"We have the Nemesis!"
BWII_ep_30_Nemesis_full_view.jpg

What transforms into Energon Sharkticon.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just realized Planet Nemesis actually predates Beast Wars naming the Decepticon ship by like half a year. That's funny.
Yeah, it's the first thing in Transformers to use the name.

Or is it?

In the author's commentary pages of Transformers '84: Secrets & Lies, Simon Furman claims that the G1 Decepticon ship was first named in one of the Marvel UK letters pages. Which one, though, is the question, since Furman's commentary didn't say. But that's a lot of letters pages to comb through in order to verify his claim.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
How can something that's never been a Titan before be "popular" and "well-known" for being a Titan? When has the G1 Nemesis (which this toy is going to be) ever been a character and not just a lifeless vehicle?

The term "titan" was retroactively attributed to all TFs over a certain size and/or proactively to Tf toys over a certain size. The Nemesis is a well-known character or vehicle that's also been similarly labelled as such. The Nemesis was also a character in the aligned continuity, I believe, with the WFC/FOC being seen as "G1" or "G1 enough".

"Armada" version?
Unicorn Trilogy. I believe you are aware that Armada, Cybertron and Energon were, at least in the US at release, part of the same universe.

Then they aren't Geewunners. "Geewunner" as a term refers to those who don't like anything other than G1. That's how the term came about.

Then perhaps you should not be so quick to judge and bandy about terms that aren't relevant.

Waiting for a Titan to go on sale is what happens with every Titan, not just Cybertron Metroplex. Because all Titans are expensive.

Indeed, but from the comments I've read online, this Titan seemed to garner the most "I might get it when it's cheaper"l/I got it on sale" comments to date.

[Perfectly reasonable criticism] started...the moment it was first unveiled, all primarily because it wasn't something from G1. And this was well before the toy itself was first released and before anyone with any opinions about it got to experience the toy in-hand.

That's perfectly reasonable. As stated before, Notroplex isn't a well-established character that's as popular (or with a popular alt-mode) as the Titan-class characters that have come before it. There was much more desire, from the comments I read, for Armada Tidal Wave, G1 Metrotitan or the Nemesis, or even a much more G1-styled Metroplex.

And the majority of reviews from people who didn't immediately dismiss it as "#NotMyMetroplex" back when it was first revealed have been positive, giving honest and fair criticisms to the toy's minor shortcomings (which every toy has; no toy is flawless) while praising all the good things about it they did enjoy.

The reviews I saw went through the plus and minus points but didn't exactly give it a gold star. They said it basically "was what it was" and left it to the public to make up their own mind. Other reviews stated it wasn't worth the RRP, due to the aformentioned problems with the figure.

Some have even called it one of the best Legacy figures of 2022, right along with other contenders like Voyager class G2 Universe Jhiaxus and Leader class Transmetal II Megatron, both of which have also had their own minor shortcomings criticized but not written off as deal-breakers.

And some have also called it an unfinished, overly expensive rendition of a minor character, with an aesthetically unpleasing altmode whose only saving grace is that it's bigger than the original version. The fact that it's so expensive has been the biggest reason people have given it a wide berth, which is why it probably won't be getting any "best Legacy figure" awards anytime soon. Basically, this suffers from many similar problems many smaller or even equivalent figures have, but due to the unpopularity/unfamiliarity of/with the character and the high price point, has left it near the bottom of, from what I've gathered, most TF collectors' "to buy" lists (unless it's on steep sale).

I don't have one myself, but Cybertron Metroplex is another case where DNA offers an add on kit that costs less than trying to shapeways the parts, and does correct most of the complaints. If you got one on the many sales still going on, it winds up coming out even or better, too.

Yes. I think if we had such sales in Japan (which, by and large, we don't, as Notroplex was around ¥30,000, if I recall) and I knew that set was coming out, I might have got it. I think a total price of the figure and the kit for about $100 would work for me.

Last edited:

AgentOrange

Citizen
Gotta try hard to convince everyone he's not a Geewunner while saying how much he hates "Notroplex" and presumably "Not Shot" and "Won't Startscream".

The doubling down and refusal to accept and admit a mistake after referring to him as Armada Metroplex is definitely helping the case too

Top Bottom