Transformers Legacy toyline

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I've heard nothing but good from the people who bought it. He's definitely not as rabidly sought as others, but I've seen nothing that says he's not been successful.

Personally I love him and am looking forward to the DNA kit hands.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
There's been talk of it becoming bargain bucket fodder and it's been widely derided by the community, perhaps being the most derided Titan to date, so it's not as popular as most of the others.

It's the only one I've not bought (and I got the repainted Fort Max too) and I've read many other people didn't bother with it, at least not at full price.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In glad Hasbro learnt their lesson from the dismal Notroplex and has gone back to more popular and well-known Titans, like the Nemesis. Keep it up Hasbro!
Right, because the Nemesis from G1 is just SO well known for being a Titan like G1 Metroplex and not just the lifeless spacecraft it's always ever been.

There's been talk of it becoming bargain bucket fodder and it's been widely derided by the community, perhaps being the most derided Titan to date, so it's not as popular was most of the others.
Correction: It's been widely derided strictly by Geewhiners, and only because it's not Geewun enough for them.

Everyone else who picked it up, however, have had more positive opinions, especially those who grew up with the Cybertron series as kids and have since entered adulthood (anyone who was 10 in 2005 would be about 27 by now).

Last edited:

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
As someone who watches the Titan class from the sidelines, this Metroplex really seemed like a solid remake of the original that did its job quite well.

The only thing that seemed to be really going against it was its price point, though it seemed like patience has paid off for most.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Right, because the Nemesis from G1 is just SO well known for being a Titan like G1 Metroplex and not just the lifeless spacecraft it's always ever been.

No, it's famous for being a massive ship, both by those that grew up with G1, Beast Wars and even the WFC/FOC games. It's widely known TF lore and thus isn't a surprise that it's getting the Titan Class treatment.

It's been widely derided strictly by Geewhiners, and only because it's not Geewun enough for them.

I don't recall stating anything about G1. I myself would welcome Tidalwave or any other decent non-G1 set, such as Orcanoch, etc.

Everyone else who picked it up, however, have had more positive opinions, especially those who grew up with the Cybertron series as kids and have since entered adulthood (anyone who was 10 in 2005 would be about 27 by now).

I bought the original version and most of the Armada line. Although I enjoyed most of the toys, I sold the original Metroplex due it's lacklustre alt mode. However, even that was a much better rendition than the recent version, which is criticism that was quite rightly levelled at it by some of "those that picked it up" and "who grew up with the Cybertron series as kids and have since entered adulthood (anyone who was 10 in 2005 would be about 27 by now".

Thus, my points stand.

Only bad points I've seen about Metroplex C is that his buzzsaw doesn't split open into an axe anymore, and he doesn't have Mini-Con compatibility for the Mini-Con he doesn't come with that doesn't exist (except on the original).

As someone who watches the Titan class from the sidelines, this Metroplex really seemed like a solid remake of the original that did its job quite well.

The only thing that seemed to be really going against it was its price point, though it seemed like patience has paid off for most.

Yes, the lack of features, low popularity with the character and strange alt-mode, at the RRP, was one off the main reasons for the criticism. I would have bought it if it was at a price that more reasonably reflected the toy compared to its peers, such as around 50-80 dollars.

Last edited:

MrBlud

Citizen
No, it's famous for being a massive ship, both by those that grew up with G1, Beast Wars and even the WFC/FOC games. It's widely known TF lore and thus isn't a surprise that it's getting the Titan Class treatment.

*Famous* is a bit of a strong word. It showed up in two(?) episodes of G1 and I’d wager there’s a not insignificant cross-section of the fandom that think it’s the undersea base used by the Decepticons (it’s not!)

The Beast Wars design is significantly different than the original and the WFC/FoC one turned into Trypticon which this one does not.

It *is* a surprise it’s getting a Titan release. Not as much of one after they did the Ark but it’s seriously two up from Halonix Maximus and Big Purple Griffin on the “No way they’d do $150 toys of stuff this obscure”.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
*Famous* is a bit of a strong word. It showed up in two(?) episodes of G1 and I’d wager there’s a not insignificant cross-section of the fandom that think it’s the undersea base used by the Decepticons (it’s not!)

The Beast Wars design is significantly different than the original and the WFC/FoC one turned into Trypticon which this one does not.

It *is* a surprise it’s getting a Titan release. Not as much of one after they did the Ark but it’s seriously two up from Halonix Maximus and Big Purple Griffin on the “No way they’d do $150 toys of stuff this obscure”.

No, it's definitely more famous than Notropex as it's firmly entrenched in Transformers lore (as stated above), regardless of of the iteration. Whether it surprised anyone that it's getting a toy, I'm sure it will sell much better, unless it features the same sort of half-baked design/lack of features Notroplex did.

Blot

Citizen
If you think people will be confused at you using the English name why not call him Megalo Convoy instead?

MrBlud

Citizen
No, it's definitely more famous than Notropex as it's firmly entrenched in Transformers lore

Cybertron MEtroplex has HOURS of onscreen appearances in the Cybertron cartoon. More Transformers fans have seen him (and for longer) than they have the Nemesis.

He *objectively* is more firmly established than a lot of marquee G1 characters in all honesty. Including his own namesake, I might add! Much less a ship that flew for a bit in MTMTE, was a background element in Microbots, and didn’t even get a *name* until fifteen years later in Beast Wars.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Cybertron [Not]roplex has HOURS of onscreen appearances in the Cybertron cartoon. More Transformers fans have seen him (and for longer) than they have the Nemesis.

No, not really. The Nemesis is far more well-known in TF lore and has a far longer history/featured more prevalently in TF media:

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nemesis_(G1)

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metroplex_(Cybertron)

Even G1 Metroplex has enjoyed more time, overall, in the spotlight:

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metroplex_(G1)

Notroplex, not so much.

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I am hoping that Hasbro has learned there lesson from the dismal Ark, and have omitted the robot mode entirely and let it just be a base and Ship.

That is 100% NEVER going to happen.

The toyline is Transformers. It's the most expensive marque toy of the year. It will absolutely transform into something that can fight the Ark robot.

-ZacWilliam, there is just no way it won't.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm in for Armada Prime. I'll also get the titan, but how cool would it be if the Nemesis' bot mode is Tidal Wave?

I'm curious what they'll do for the Nemesis's robot mode. I'm hoping something bestial, like Trypticon from the WFC games.

I am hoping that Hasbro has learned there lesson from the dismal Ark, and have omitted the robot mode entirely and let it just be a base and Ship.

That is 100% NEVER going to happen.

The toyline is Transformers. It's the most expensive marque toy of the year. It will absolutely transform into something that can fight the Ark robot.

-ZacWilliam, there is just no way it won't.

I'm like 99% sure that the Nemesis's's's's's robot mode head is what we see in the center of this poster:
evolution poster.jpg

That's not Tarn's face, but it's a big face based on the Decepticon logo, just like the Ark's face is based on the Autobot logo. I could be wrong, but I'd be pretty surprised if I was.

Top Bottom