Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Those comics aren't routinely topping the bestseller lists across all books though, so. I feel like comics fans have a lot more reminders to keep their pretensions in check.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
As far as contemporary cinema goes, they might as well be. Which says a lot more about the state of the movie industry than capeshit

Last edited:

Copper Bezel

Citizen
Yeah, I probably didn't phrase that clearly, but that's what I meant; superhero movies are a lot bigger than the comic books are, so it's easier to maintain those pretensions.

Personally, I've never followed any cape comics, and I've half-followed the MCU. From what I've seen, the comics seem to be a space of hidden gems sprinkled among typically pretty bad material, and the movies seem like consistently basic entertainment. I imagine the comics are the more interesting between the two as a result, but I feel like there are other media that return more on the same investment, while the Marvel movies are just some of the easiest zero-investment entertainment around....

unluckiness

Citizen
Nah, it was pretty clear. My point was that somehow, the bland, color-by-numbers, mass-produced movies are somehow among the cream of the crop in current-day hollywood.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The current options are cape movies, 80s remakes, or sequels, sometimes with a CG kids movie for flavor. It's not a high bar to clear.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
On the one hand, it's handy when an artist announces when they plan to open commissions ahead of time. On the other, the anticipation when it's an artist you really want to commission is killer.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
Ehhh, I haven't seen Winter Soldier but the first Iron Man isn't really my top pick. It's not bad, better than most, but.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
the guardians of the galaxy films are pretty fun sci-fi romps aside from having crisp rat in them.

unluckiness

Citizen
The first one was okay but the sequel was a mess of the first movie’s excesses.

Ehhh, I haven't seen Winter Soldier but the first Iron Man isn't really my top pick. It's not bad, better than most, but.
Winter Soldier is a legit good Bourne-esque espionage/thriller with the only real link to the rest of the capeshit being the Winter Soldier’s identity and it’s all the better for it

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Raimi’s Spider-Man isn’t a capeshit movie, it’s a movie about capeshit, if that makes any sense.

All of them also goddamn masterpieces. Even 3.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Thor as a character was handled poorly. He spent two solo movies and the Avengers movies hitting things, got a third solo movie where he finally seemed like he was getting somewhere, then got all of the development erased and turned into a fat joke.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
1648932028165.png

fnu something you wanna tell us?

Top Bottom