HasLab Deathsaurus

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I forgot to mention that I did not have to sign for mine. It was chillin' on my front porch.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Mine still says that it's coming "Tuesday" December 12, but since that's today, one would think it would change to say "Today" instead of "Tuesday". But it also says that it's still in transit from Chino, CA. FedEx, you make no sense.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I love this set. But now I would bring the argument back on that Victory Saber’s sword is too small.
IMG_6615.jpeg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Opened him up to check for problems, gave him a once-through on transformation. It's definitely something you can figure out on your own, and there's a few clever touches in there. Only actual problems I had:
- the slide for Tigerbreast's golden things was VERY tight to move from it's base locked position - I had to force it to get it to pop out and slide.
- The clips for the shoulder/hip connection in bird mode do not want to fully plug in on one side. It sort of goes in and it's there, but if I try turning that "shoulder" unless I'm careful it pops right back out
- Tigerbreast did not want to stay fully plugged in when both breast animals were inserted; one side or the other kept popping out slightly. It still stayed on, was just a slight bit of aesthetic annoyance.
- Not really a problem, but just a word of caution: the way the golden horn-things attach to Tigerbreast means you can easily pull them off instead of folding them back if you're not careful.

Also wish they could have painted Eaglebreast's eyes and Boater's var mode a bit, but otherwise a very nice set!

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I dont mind VS size to DS. Its just that blade. I remember seeing the DNA Design one, just never went for it. Now I might. Same for that Fans Hobby Armada Star Saber, proto pics look fantastic. Hasbro just cant get toy sword sizes right.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
For the tiger wings, I added a small amount of cube lube to the grooves and that helped a bit. I'm hesitant to add much when it's this new and hasn't moved much yet but those were scary tight. I'm also keeping an eye on the rotators for the arm supports, and the outer ratchets, those were scary tight too for me. I have noticed that if you attach the tail part BEFORE trying to clip the legs to the sides it works better as the tail keeps everything lined up.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I dont mind VS size to DS. Its just that blade. I remember seeing the DNA Design one, just never went for it. Now I might. Same for that Fans Hobby Armada Star Saber, proto pics look fantastic. Hasbro just cant get toy sword sizes right.

Yeah, they never seem to get sword blades or guns quite the right size for the figures, example, Kingdom Rodimus, for the price paid, his gun is just rather lame in terms of size, same goes for that sword he came with! With my Victory Saber, I have upgrade his sword blade and the Victory Leo cannons, with the cannons, I just didn't like starring at the holes filling the bottom and I found myself asking "Why?" Why did they make such a dumb choice on a expensive product that is funded outside of the normal means, but I never added DNA's wing upgrade for Victory Leo as I saw nothing wrong with the current wings!

Darth_Prime

Citizen
That’s how I feel about the wings as well. They are fine with the size they are if my only other option is the DNA. Somewhere in the middle would have been better IMO.

I also don’t feel a need to upgrade the shoulder cannons. I think they look fine. My biggest complaint is just the sword. I wasn’t sure if the money for the sword was worth it. Now that he’s next to DS on the shelf I’m starting to rethink. But this close to Christmas it’s gonna have to wait.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The sword's length was what it is so that it could be stored away inside its compartment while in vehicle mode.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I get that. I’d rather them have sacrifices that or found a better way to do it to so we could get a bigger sword. But, it is what it is.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well, mine didn't arrive today, and FedEx has updated from saying "Tuesday" to 'Pending". I guess that's more realistic, since it's still in transit from CA, but meh.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My order has finally updated from saying "Pending" (after it previously said "Tuesday") to now saying "Thursday". We'll see about that.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Mine is at my parents. Can't wait.
Got a call from my fedex driver asking if I was home as a signature was required. He accepted my permission over the phone to have him sign on my behalf and drop it off as I was in KC all week for work.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Mine didn't require a signature but funnily enough, the HISS Tank that was just delivered yesterday did. :unsure:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’ve gotten mine open and put on the shelf. Maybe this weekend I will get some time to tinker with him.

Top Bottom