What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Axaday

Citizen
I don't know what planet Marjorie is from or why she keeps showing up on mine.

Some Democrats have talked about saving Johnson if he will vote for Ukraine aid. I go back and forth on this. If I was a typical voter, I think that would be the right move. Just show everyone, "Hey, we are grownups here. We know we don't get to pick the Speaker we want, but we're tired of the chaos."

But I'm not. And the situation is delicate. PROBABLY, if Democrats are going shoulder to shoulder to help a Republican Speaker, they should pick the one they want. That wouldn't be Johnson. I'm really not sure how much this message gets out to undecided voters. Are there people that from where we are right now will turn against Republicans for having ANOTHER embarrassing Speaker search? Will such people see the Republicans doing this as clowns? Or will they just think Congress is broken, which is a Republican slogan?

Then again....if GOP Congressmen keep quitting they might actually get to pick Hakeem Jeffries.

Ironbite4

Citizen
The problem with that is there is no Republican Speaker they want. Any that run are the best of the worst or the worst of the worst. That's how bad the party has gotten in Congress. There is literally no working with them as they will always, always, go against the good of the country. Why? To own the libs. Whatever that means.

Ironbite-it's like woke, it's a meaningless phrase now.

Axaday

Citizen
The the Democrats go shoulder to shoulder, they only need 4 Republicans to vote with them. They would just have to find a Republican whose constituents would be impressed by bipartisanship and not turn on them for essentially caucusing with Democrats. I'm not sure that district exists.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Those republicans voters exist: but they do not exist in concentrations to find you four republican officials willing to risk it.

Axaday

Citizen
Those republicans voters exist: but they do not exist in concentrations to find you four republican officials willing to risk it.

I expect you are correct. Even in districts that are pretty moderate, a Republican would probably unseat them in a primary.

When the second back Republican announced resignation, I read that perhaps 5 more were going to follow him, but I couldn't find that as a quote from him. It may have just been a journalists analysis or speculation. He DID say SOME more would and 1 has. 5 would make Marjorie suffer regret.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Ken buck when walking out the door said "Don't worry about me leaving, worry about the next three" or something to that effect. But he said THREE, specifically.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Nope, but at times like this I take solace in some inuit wisdom:

"No one snowflake thinks its to blame for the avalanche". Buck might very well have started the top level walking out that we've been seeing on the voter level for years now.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Because the GOP only has the best people, behold: Brian Pritchard, Georgia Republican official.
Claims the 2020 election was stolen. Also illegally voted nine times while on probation for a forgery felony. Fined $5000, because obviously he was.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Either he's honestly stupid enough to believe it, or he knows his voting base is stupid enough. Either way, it stirs up more hate and fear, and the GOP loves that. Angry stupid people are easily controlled.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
There are people who will actually mock the idea of a man transitioning into a woman while they expect us to take them seriously when they speak of clay transitioning into a man, a rib transitioning into a woman, a god transitioning into another man, that man transitioning into a cracker, and the cracker transitioning back into that man when you eat it.

FOXNews is saying that the crew of a Singaporean cargo ship was entirely composed of non-white people because of DEI and "woke" hiring policies, and not ... you know ... the fact that the ship comes from the other side of the world.

This is the kind of rampant stupidity which the conservative movement has been reduced to.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
FB friend: This is the kind of rampant stupidity which the conservative movement has been reduced to.
On Fox News' part, it's not stupidity, it's cynicism, because they know that DEI is the new hotness in right-wing anger bait, so everything possible gets twisted into fuel for that particular fire.

(RIP "CRT", we barely knew you.)

Axaday

Citizen
Maybe we need a Constitutional Amendment locking up March 22 - April 25. Easter is a big enough deal to get 1/12 of the year all to itself, right?

Top Bottom