Transformers x Hot Wheels images leaked!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From the Front Page, images of upcoming Hot Wheels Crossover Optimus and Bumblebee!

Optimus for now is just a packaging image and render, but in-hand pictures of an un-riveted Bumblebee toy have also shown up on reddit!

Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-01.jpg

Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-02.jpg

Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-03.jpg

Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-04.jpg

Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-05.jpg

Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-06.jpg

Hot-Wheels-x-Transformers-Optimus-Prime-01.jpg

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Got a bit more time to comment on this now. I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised by what this is. When rumors of a Hot Wheels crossover were popping up, I 100% expected the usual "normal hot wheels car with a picture painted on the side," basically this:
hot wheels star wars.jpg

But what they are making is actually exactly what I wanted but didn't dare hope for. Give me a track set that looks like the Autobots are rolling out of the Arc on some kind of adventure, and I will be a very happy man.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro's been wanting something in this space for a while. It does look nicer than the Jada Toys stuff.

It is weird seeing Hasbro and Mattel work together on something, but this should be the future. This industry isn't big enough anymore to take the competition so seriously. Just partner up and take advantage of what each company already knows how to do right.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Got a bit more time to comment on this now. I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised by what this is. When rumors of a Hot Wheels crossover were popping up, I 100% expected the usual "normal hot wheels car with a picture painted on the side," basically this:
View attachment 20881

But what they are making is actually exactly what I wanted but didn't dare hope for. Give me a track set that looks like the Autobots are rolling out of the Arc on some kind of adventure, and I will be a very happy man.
Same.

but then, Mattel probably already have the molds and the rights to the vehicles used in 84-85. So aside from new bottoms they probably won't need to make too many new pieces which save Mattel a cubic butt-load of money.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I liked the Jeda offerings though

Still there is some fun to be had and look forward to see what comes of it

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It is weird seeing Hasbro and Mattel work together on something, but this should be the future. This industry isn't big enough anymore to take the competition so seriously. Just partner up and take advantage of what each company already knows how to do right.
The two have also entered a partnership over Power Rangers, in which Hasbro is giving Mattel a license to make a line of MMPR toys for young kids.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The two have also entered a partnership over Power Rangers, in which Hasbro is giving Mattel a license to make a line of MMPR toys for young kids.
Unless I missed something I thought it was Playmates that got the toy license for Power Rangers from Hasbro.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I liked the Jeda offerings though

Still there is some fun to be had and look forward to see what comes of it

Same. I loved that they were making Micro Machine scaled G1 vehicles. I like having them to put around my Titans. Jada revealed their Wave 2 forever ago, but they never did materialize into the physical realm.

NovaSaber

Citizen
No. As explained in the Power Rangers thread, Hasbro still owns the Power Rangers brand. They're just letting Mattel make a line of MMPR toys for youngsters.
Uh, your own link says Playmates, not Mattel.

Anyway, these are the best thing that "Transformers Hot Wheels" was ever going to be, but...if they're going to do things that Hasbro has previously tried and failed at doing on their own, Mattel also owns Mega Bloks (or I guess the Lego-compatible ones are called Mega Construx now).

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Uh, your own link says Playmates, not Mattel.

Anyway, these are the best thing that "Transformers Hot Wheels" was ever going to be, but...if they're going to do things that Hasbro has previously tried and failed at doing on their own, Mattel also owns Mega Bloks (or I guess the Lego-compatible ones are called Mega Construx now).

I may be in the minority on this one, but I would love a resurrection of Kreo. Those things were a ton of fun. I liked the "build a large scale character of of bricks in either mode" models well enough, but I LOVED the Kreons. Would have loved to see the line fully devote itself to Kreon-scale with brick-built bases, vehicles, etc. Your Trypticons and Metroplexes and whatnot would be brick built sets.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I was wondering how Mattel was going to justify the Transformers branding on some of these (I got a 07 Mustang or Camaro that is a dead ringer for Bumblebee 2007), so I guess the faction logos and sculpted visage on the underside is how they're doing it.

They're not something I plan to seek out, but...I see a little Hot Wheels Optimus Prime with trailer for $8-ish? That's a HARD thing to say no to, much less Bumblebee or some of the other core cast.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Preordered Prime. It would be very easy for me to be swayed by Hot Wheels versions of the core '84 Autobots, so I'm eager to see what may be in store.

Dvandom

Citizen
I wonder if anyone has done a custom of Optimus or Motormaster into Haul-teration. A head-swap and repaint would be enough, for the most part.

---Dave

Top Bottom