Transformers Legacy toyline

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Well, the Legacy Vector Prime looks like a younger Vector Prime. Good for some timey-wimey shenanigans.

Reading comments elsewhere about the walmart Cybertron Skywarp: they're calling it a recolor of the LG CYB Starscream, granted there is precedent for that, but "Cybertron" Skywarp to me is always the Thundercracker mold in that "Lisa Frank" purple.

So what I'm Pie-in-the-sky-ing is the Earthrise mold in the Cybertron Deluxe mold colors, without the null rays but with missile racks (that plugs into the wings where the null rays go) and a new rail-gun piece to plug into an arm, that can be underslung on the jet mode. (Can the wings stay down on the mold? I don't have one on hand to try)

Then re-use all that for a hypo Cybertron Thundercracker.

Shadewing

Citizen
While I would prefer the purple Jet; unfortunately this exists:

Cybertron_Legends_Skywarp.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I have wanted to like these, especially with the great robot modes and that lovely color scheme on Shard. But something about the aesthetic is keeping me from enjoying it. For Shard in particular, it might be how uniform the shards are in size and pattern. Robot mode limbs look like stacked blast effects and the altmode looks like... tempura? But dang, I love that color combination.

Or maybe it's that they're vehicles. I'd probably be all over these if they were rock beasts. Although that might be too similar to the Fossilizers.
I would have been more interested in both these and the fossilisers of they had come with any decent storyline behind them. As they stand, they're just wonky, ko TF/Rocklord/BW wannabes in my book.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
honestly, I'm down for pretty much any deco that they want to put on him. Hell, give me Action Master Thundercracker colors, I'll buy it.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nah, there are PLENTY redecos for that mold without needing Skywarp who has a better/more interesting version:
I... didn't decide it would be Skywarp, so I'm not sure why you're telling me. I never even said anything about preferring Skywarp as a deco for this mold, just that the Cybertron-based mold hadn't gotten a redeco yet, so this being Skywarp was more likely than a complex retool of the Earthrise G1 Seeker that was suggested.

Hell, if anything, I'd like a Ramjet-adjacent one to round out the trio of Dirge and not-Thrust (not that I know yet how I feel about mixing and matching these molds).

What I'd like most is a proper SG Starscream, interesting be damned, especially if they're able to get a supply of white plastic that doesn't yellow intensely so quickly and on its own however it's stored. I'm aware that already got a go with the Siege mold (I have the damn thing), but I want it out of this mold now that it exists.

not-lords-jpg.20756

The Infernac armorizers were already crazy rock vehicles. Now this one is a NASA themed rocket rockmobile rockmonster. It's a whole new level of insanity and I love it.
I really dig the rocket rocks. It's still a bit Flintstone-y, and the boob window vibe is even more pronounced because of the color contrast. But I loved DOTM Comettor and I dig the look of this. The different colors (rather than gray on different gray) help, although I think I like the first headsculpt better.

Would be neat partnered with a Lunar Crawler-ish Ratchet I posted in the Repaint Concept thread (preferably the second). Lunar crawler discovers rock creature, gets scanned, is the rock creature friend or foe?
View attachment 2644View attachment 2645

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, it's wild how they kept doing stuff but kept ending up at least one Seeker short for each trio.

Voyager had Dirge and "Thrust", no Ramjet.
Legends had Starscream and Skywarp, no Thundercracker. Ramjet and Thrust, no Dirge.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Nah, there are PLENTY redecos for that mold without needing Skywarp who has a better/more interesting version:

Such as Dirge and Not-Thrust here:

Universe_2008_Dirge_toy.jpg

Tru2005Cybertronstarscream.JPG

The only Skywarp I'd want from this mold would be this one:

SDSG-4-Skywarp.jpg
I like that Starscream deco. We need more Starscreams in “Champion Edition” alt colour schemes, really. My favourite is Takara’s release of the G1 toy in Machine Wars Starscream’s colours, released sometime at the turn of the century.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’m so disappointed in that Vector Prime. It’s too boxy for my taste. The original looks more a mix of sharp lines and smooth curves. This one just goes hard lines mostly and loses a lot of the original personality.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Straxus is most likely a Galvatron retool. Similar altmode, big spherical shoulders and pretty big guy. I forget if it was an actual product or a digibash but there was a 3rd party that pulled off that idea.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Some things mentioned about Nucleous in the stream is that while he's themed around Nucleon, the mineral he's modeled after is quartz. It was also seemingly insinuated that Nucleous and the other Armorizers are all "sparkless bots" with a hole in their chests to illustrate that, suggesting that they may not actually be sapient individuals.

Top Bottom