Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All i see is his rocky sports bra
I don't think he wore one...?

1713932092756.jpeg

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I saw that image in the middle of the night and went right past it assuming it was just the original.

-ZacWilliam, Energon and Cybertron are two of the three TF shows I haven't ever got around to watching...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh wow, they actually molded him a clear red force chip when there's no other clear red on him. Proportions are a little wonky but I think what'll keep me from buying this is how green the yellow looks. Hopefully that's just the lighting but if not, eh, I prefer Cybertron Defence Hot Shot

If you look close, they actually molded it in his clear yellow then painted the backside clear red. You can see it best from the side with the light shining through it:

hotshot.jpg

I saw that image in the middle of the night and went right past it assuming it was just the original.

-ZacWilliam, Energon and Cybertron are two of the three TF shows I haven't ever got around to watching...

I never watched Cybertron either. I have several of the toys, as they were what was also on the shelf when Classics started up and I first started buying new TF toys other than Alternators. I would buy anything that could pass as an upgraded form of a G1 character, or the occasional figure that just looked particularly good and fit the Classics aesthetic. As such, I have some nostalgia for the Cybertron Toyline, but not really any for the actual characters.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I never watched Cybertron either. I have several of the toys, as they were what was also on the shelf when Classics started up and I first started buying new TF toys other than Alternators. I would buy anything that could pass as an upgraded form of a G1 character, or the occasional figure that just looked particularly good and fit the Classics aesthetic. As such, I have some nostalgia for the Cybertron Toyline, but not really any for the actual characters.
What little I watched of Cybertron was boringly average as a series. But the toy line? I still hold Cybertron as the BEST Transformers line of the "Anime" or "Revival" era. I ended up with more figures from Cybertron than any single franchise iteration since (Depending how you count War for Cybertron Trilogy).

This is the number 1 thing I look for when these photos get released.
What amuses me (and I agree with the desire for comparison pics), is that...Cybertron came out right before the live action film. That was about TWENTY YEARS AGO. It is quite possible the people posting these leaks...have never had access to the original figures these new toys are designed off of. Transformers 2007 really elevated the bar, but it kind of left that whole "Revival" era kind of forgotten.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
More pics, he's surprising a big boy for a modern deluxe. He might not be THAT much smaller than the original...

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This sure is a Cybertron Hot shot:

That said, there are some design changes I DO appreciate, particularly the redesigned arms and the slimmer back kibble.
Time to redo SG Starscream AND Goldbug.

And hell, might as well make a new Galaxy Upgrade OP.

But omg, give me a new Excellion NOW.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What little I watched of Cybertron was boringly average as a series. But the toy line? I still hold Cybertron as the BEST Transformers line of the "Anime" or "Revival" era. I ended up with more figures from Cybertron than any single franchise iteration since (Depending how you count War for Cybertron Trilogy).
The Cybertron toyline is a near perfect distillation of Transformers, to me. A little of everything, beasts, vehicles, good range of aesthetics, Mini-Cons, huge Transformers, Earth and Cybertronian altmodes, gimmickry both intrusive and otherwise, a splash of homaging and a lot of new twists, lots of fun lore to play with from various sources (and a cool/fun source for more from the Cyber Key codes)... I'm deeply sentimental for it in a wholly different way than I am for G1 and even BW, and it's at the forefront of an era I will always be fond of.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
^Yep, he looks pretty darn good! Although I did think he was a Core Class at first, based solely on vehicle mode (seeing the pins / unpainted wheels).

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Something about Cybertron always put me off. I always thought the problem was it was just boringly adequate. The gimmicks were boring and relatively unobtrusive by UT standards, which allowed the bots to be... fine. Just entirely fine.

I was wrong. It must have been the proportions throwing me off, because these Legacy Cybertron updates are gorgeous.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Something about Cybertron always put me off. I always thought the problem was it was just boringly adequate. The gimmicks were boring and relatively unobtrusive by UT standards, which allowed the bots to be... fine. Just entirely fine.

I was wrong. It must have been the proportions throwing me off, because these Legacy Cybertron updates are gorgeous.

The Cybertron/Galaxy force series has some awesome figures and then there are some bad ones, for example Thundercracker, aside from the fact he wielding a massive great big missile launcher for a arm, he just looks weird and isn't exactly connecting properly for robot mode due to his weird transformation, as for a good one, I would say leader Megatron, he big and transforms into what some say is a Batmobile, with a after thought Jet mode, which is the front part just swinging to the sides of the vehicle mode!

As for the show, its ok, I guess, the early stages aren't exactly great, but then the first eps were completely butchered from the original Galaxy Force as they combined the two into a single ep, it was only when the show reached its conclusion that they put what was ep 2 out, in its original form, of course, Galaxy force does have some good intro themes:
Intro 1:

Intro 2:

One of my favourte moments in the show, is where Megatron has just been "Upgraded" AKA repaint to Galvatron, to present the fact he more powerful, he is kicking the Autobots butts, singling handly, after he got a thrashing from Metroplex and its his desire for more power that leads to the upgrade, which in my view, made more sense than having the Minicons repair and recolour you (Armada) or taking a energon bath (Energon) as it fitted right in with Megatron as a character, he lusts for more power and could not stand that another bot as even more power, power enough to beat him down!!

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I heard you guys like Galaxy Force/Cybertron...

Top Bottom