Transformers Legacy toyline

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is certainly og Safeguard with new Vector. Override and Metro are anomalies then. She can plug in her og Cyber Key because no new one. He simply can’t attach anything. I wonder if they’ll do a rerelease of Override with a retooled engine gun that has a new Cyber Key at some point.

still, after seeing the new images I am warming to Legacy Vector. I mean, I’m still sad that he’s a retool and not a new mold. But he is looking better.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
DNA Design gave my Metroplex a nice new Drill-Bit Mini-Con That attaches to him just nicely.

I got that kit and put it on my copy, thou I bought the kit on a whim, speaking of upgrading, I upgrade my ROTB Scourge with the DNA kit and it looks pretty good, also upgraded my Armada Optimus, that is a ok kit, don't like the hands in that kit, the way the port holder for 5ml weapons to hold is terrible and I switched the hands back to the regluar hands, because then he can actually hold his gun without any problems, the arm upgrade and shoulder pads are good along with the crotch plate, the one part for the back, I not installed as it requires knocking out the pin and I don't have much problems with the back of the super robot mode as the part that detaches for weapons platform, I just hang in the back and the other plate isn't much of a problem for me, on Scourge, the only thing, I didn't put on him was the head, I just wasn't keen on it, so he modeling the gap fillers and shun pads along with the replacement arms!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I’ve been flip flopping on the D NA Metro set. Drillbit does look good.

Its a reasonably simple kit, easy to install the hands and Drillbit is a ok bot, nothing seriously new but he doesn't need to be as he does the job just fine, I can't compare against the original as I don't own him and my original Cybertron Metroplex was second hand to start with

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I believe my choice has been made. Thanks. :)
Although, a word of advice. The set's instructions for attaching the weapon extender piece show a specific way to attach it to the bucket wheel half of the weapon while in Metroplex's altmode. I actually recommend attaching it the way opposite to how the instructions show. The piece works both ways since both ends use the same kind of connection port, but I find attaching it backwards helps to relieve some tension from the weight of the bucket wheel, should you choose to ever leave the figure in altmode for whatever amount of time.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is one of those rare times I'll side with the "I shouldn't have to buy an upgrade kit for this" logic. It's a Titan class figure. Omega Supreme could come with a Countdown he never originally had or needed, but this can't have his own little buddy? That's a bummer.

Edit: might have even worked (and saved on tooling) as a retool OF Countdown...

Last edited:

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
That's the thing, I don't want new hands and I certainly don't want a new Drillbit.

I wanted the ability to use the 2005 Metroplex's Mini-con and Cyber key on the Legacy Metroplex. Simple ports for Drillbit and a random clip that coincidently is the perfect shape to hold a planet key.

You know, using pieces from the old toy for the new one. To honor his, and "Cybertron's", you know, LEGACY.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very true. Metro missing both is the biggest knock against him. He is an awesome figure. But he misses the unique element that made him ‘Cybertron’. Which makes him stand out all the more. Especially with new Vector connecting to og Safeguard. The only other ‘Cybertron figures that don’t have Key connections are Cybertron Defence Hot Shot and GU Prime. And their excuse is that they;re bot Siege retools.

Also, I think I’ve finally figured why Vector being a Jhiaxus retool throws me off. It’s that he ends up being far more slender that og Vector.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We could consider this a younger Vector Prime, from a time closer to when he and his brothers and sister were first created, long before the time of the Cybertron cartoon's events.

I like the idea, but backwards. I feel like a large, clunky, clockwork, "analog" body would be his old form, and this is his upgrade. A little smoother, sleeker. Cab forward design. Greater capacity to love. 8-track AND cassette. The whole works.

Top Bottom