Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Huh. Nice little bottle episode.
Overall not a lot to complain about. Everything was nicely done. At first I was critical of them killing the love interest but no it tied back into the story quickly.
Maybe the end could have used a little tweaking? I mean on one hand its Dr Who at its core, a dads love overpowering soulless murder math but it just felt like an unsatisfying way to solve the problem.

Still interesting little concept. Surprised that the Marines didn't recognize the Doctor by name but I guess this could be way before or way after Demons Run and the whole War on Christmas thing. Whoever thought of the ambulance using the body for the casket was absolutely wicked. Oh right this was a Moffet episode, that tracks.

Shadewing

Citizen
Eh, I dunno about this episode. I just wasn't feeling it. Everything just felt really forced. Like they were just really trying very very hard to hammer in the themes and ideas to the most oblivious audience and ironically had no faith in anyone understanding unless it was bluntly spelt out as heavily handed as possible. It also doesn't help, least my autistic brain, that I know its going to have a happy ending since there's no way they're killing off the Doctor, Ruby, and a random kid; so all the drama felt incredibly hollow. So you have an overly preachy anti-war anti-consumer message attached to very hollow drama about the Doctor being a bomb, that gets resolved in the most almost literall dues ex machina ending possible. Its just a boring episode and for me one of Moffat's weakest ones

Top Bottom