The Weird Dream Thread!

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Because this dream was way too weird not to share. Of course there could already be a thread for this sorta stuff. I don't recall seeing one, but if there was one, I apologize.

Maybe we can all just post our weird dreams here. Why not? I just wanted(needed) to share this:

Just had a weird dream. It sometimes starred me, sometimes starred Ryan Renolds. The concept was there was a world where magic was a real energy. It was in the very air. So we have this modern world people go around selling "Spell packets" It looks like this VHS case but on the cover are pictures of what the spells are supposed to do, and I assume when you open it there is something inside that lets you cast them. He and I never actually opened the thing. The dream kept shifting from it being me in first person, to me seeing Ryan Renolds do all this stuff.

The conflict of the movie AT FIRST is that the 'Magic particles' in the air are running out. So spells stop working and it turns out everyone was so reliant on just casting a spell to do a thing that many don't actually know how to do these tasks the normal mundane way. So Ryan is trying to help some people learn as I guess he lived mostly like a normal guy.

Well I know I come into the world and for some reason I naturally produce the magical particles. So like in OUR world there isn't magic, but in that world something our body naturally produces is flat out magic in this other world. So I'm able to do all these amazing things people USED to be able to do daily, except now they can't because there isn't enough magic. I think you can still get spells, but they are heavily guarded now. Only used for things like someone who is sick and needs magic to cure them sorta thing. (Though I'm sure the governments of the world hoarded them)

I remember something in my dream that had the headline of how Square Enix was hoping Shenmu 6 would sell more copies then it did. No idea why in that world they had that franchise, but apparently they did better with it.

The last major thing I remember was he/I were in New York and we stopped by the Muppet theater. In this world the Muppets are basically real, as they are enchanted well "Muppets" and walk around. I only ever really saw Kermit, so maybe the others had stopped moving... which is very sad to think about. I know Kermit basically knew he'd stop moving someday too, but was determined to keep the show running till it couldn't any longer. People did come to see them. It wasn't said but I have a feeling they weren't getting the crowd they usually got because everyone knew what was happening and it was depressing.

Ryan/I decided we couldn't stand for that, and somehow managed/figured out how to build a machine that would be part of the stage design that produced the magic particles. No idea if we made sure people wouldn't question it or not, but we basically made it so the Muppets would always be able to carry on. Basically a little bit of magic would stay in the world.

The dream began to fragment after that, and I woke up not long after.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is a total RPG setting. It's up to the players to determine whether the machine worked or not.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Hmm, well, of the dreams that are board-safe...

It's hard to say because my dreams feel weird to me, but just to type them down they seem pretty ordinary.

_____

I'm at a mall. It varies between trying to find the food court, finding my cousin or finding a particular store/arcade. But the geography is always changing.

____

I find something I want at a store (toy store or video store). Either I have to go find my mother to give me some money and by the time I get back I can't find it or I'm just taking it to the register and when I get there, what I'm holding is not what I picked out and when I go back to find what I want I can't find it.

Or I go into the parking lot just to realize I'm naked.

____

I'm trying to drive somewhere. Either I'm on a bicycle or scooter on a really steep and/or muddy path and I'm not getting anywhere fast enough...or I'm on a highway that completely defies physics, but in a broken, floating island kind of way and/or in a recurring dream where going the same way doesn't necessarily lead you to the same place kinda way.

____

I'm in a house that I know is mine that I've lived in since I was a child (real life I've never lived in a house remotely like this) and I'm finding secret passages that I never knew existed and often are bigger on the inside than the entire house on the outside.

Sometimes I realize I'm naked and my parents just came home, or I need to find a bathroom but they're all either taken or not very private.

____

Of course there's the usual can't find a class I'd forgotten about all semester, usually missing a final. Can't find my locker. I can find my locker which is bigger on the inside but doesn't have the schedule I was looking for. I find my schedule but I can't read it. The campus I'm on is just similar enough to my actual real life college campus for me to know where I am, but different (and often non-euclidian) enough to royally mess with my head.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm in a house that I know is mine that I've lived in since I was a child (real life I've never lived in a house remotely like this) and I'm finding secret passages that I never knew existed and often are bigger on the inside than the entire house on the outside.

Sometimes I realize I'm naked and my parents just came home, or I need to find a bathroom but they're all either taken or not very private.

Do the bathrooms all have multiple doors?

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I've never had the naked dream. Not once.

I HAVE had the dream where I'm in class and I realize I'm not prepared for something, only for it to register that I'm a grown man and haven't been in school for like ever now.

My dream realm is a city. It's based slightly on where I grew up, except it has more tall buildings. I've had a lot of dreams where I'll go into a store and find all this cool stuff I want to buy, only to realize it's a dream and I can't actually get any of this.

Because of my brain, I've mentioned I lucid dream. So it's fairly common for me to sometimes just fly around, or walk through walls.

I've had countless run ins with ghosts, and end up using random powers to kick their butts.

I'm wondering if the reason I've never had the naked dream is because I wear clothing to bed. Hell I'm apparently a danger because not only do I wear socks, but I like to wear socks and then heel socks over those to help prevent blisters. I tend to just sleep with those still on my feet.

It's possible that if I slept naked, I'd be naked in a dream at some point, but we'll never know as I have no desire to sleep naked.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Another weird dream. This time people were talking about an anime adaptation to a manga that I'm pretty sure doesn't actually exist.

The cover had a man with blond hair and glasses in a lab coat, being he was a scientist, holding a child, except the child was like sliver blue and apparently had and 'exoskeleton' for skin. Some experiment he and his wife (who was also a scientist) did. To their own child in the womb to get this.

From what I can tell the plot was that they were training/ observing their daughter (who was the kid with the exoskeleton just to be clear, she was an only child) Possibly with the goal to make her the ultimate warrior. I believe the point of the story was following her on her own little adventures in this world after she ran away from her parents. The set up here was they treated her right, but only because the father understood that raising a child with "Understanding and positive reinforcement" got you a more 'obedient' kid. He was very know it all though. When the girl would do anything he'd instruct her on exactly how to do it. I remember her getting frustrated and saying she wanted to learn herself how to do it.

I know at some point the father and mother were going to consider her a failure. Only other thing I recall was them driving home and entering a place that was half normal, and half sorta this weird pixelated mess. It was weird. I also remember people lining up to their home. Like this happened a lot for people to ask them questions or to ask for help with a problem. Perhaps they were supposed to be some of the smartest people around.

The girl as a seven year old (or close to that) Looked fairly normal, I guess her skin was just super hard like armor? Sadly didn't get many more details before my alarm woke me up.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I just scanned through all 17 pages and didn't see it. It's possible I missed it, but could it have been the old boards? Because now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember there being one. But I didn't see it.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
There was most certainly one on the old boards, but yeah I don't remember seeing one for these new boards.

Also no dream last night. Honestly the fact I got two back to back like that was wild.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I frequently remember mine, but they're not always worth mentioning. I had a crazy one last night, though. Had to draw it.
20240508_195608~2.jpg
20240508_195626~2.jpg

Text version:
Ozzy was standing on a small balcony slightly above an adoring crowd. Me and a few others watched in horror/awe as the old man stood straight and dropped his cane.
<dialogue something like this>
Me: He was just faking it?
Friend: Yep. Just to get more followers

Ozzy was actually turning into a god. The bkgd colors were nice and light. Ozzy wasn't in all black, but might've been a dark color. His robe looked like it was made of tiny little people, with more piled on the hems and falling off sometimes.
I was switching back and forth b/t me and my OC Lethe. A few of us decided to fight back. I pretended to be enthralled to get closer.
Me: Oh, how may I serve thee. I would do anything for thee-thineself? <stumbling on the fancy talk>
Ozzy: <not even looking> You may offer your head.
He pointed at a hill in the distance. Again, light pastel colors. A bunch of fans were gathered around a guillotine on the peak.

I dropped the act, tried kicking his nuts and a punch or so, no reaction. We floundered about what to do.
Me: But if you destroy the world, what'll happen to your cat?!
Ozzy ....wait. O_O

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Nope! I don't even think I listened to any Metal yesterday. On a side note, while I was drawing this, we had a short and heavy thunderstorm. Even got a short bout of hail.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
That was definitely a weird one. XD

I've written down many of mine. Some are still up on my old Live Journal, which I'm surprised is still around. Some I just have saved to various files on my computer.

I haven't had a nightmare since I was like five. I sometimes get close. There are a few times it's like a nightmare tries to happen. I've had to go into deep water a few times in my dreams where there is ALWAYS a shark, as those things terrify me.

Problem is I always just unleash like 10,000 volts of electricity into the water killing everything when it tries that.

Anything that can 'hurt me' I just beat the crap out of.

I once had a dream where I was at this hotel and the owners were being all hush hush about this one room you must NEVER go into. I dug around and found out it contained this ghost made of blood that could shape it's fingers into claws and chop you up.

I went to the room, undid the seal, then donned my Devil May Cry Dante outfit, and proceeded to jump up and bullet rain it a few times before slashing the heck out of it with my sword, till I killed it even though it was a ghost, and that's kinda what always happens in these situations. ^^;

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's one of those consistent setting details in my dreams too. There is always a shark in the water. Sometimes I am in a submarine looking outside. Sometimes I am swimming in some giant tank. Sometimes I have ended up in the ocean at night and have to swim an uncomfortably long distance to shore. There is always a shark in the water. Sometimes many.

I have not been bitten yet though.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I've been keeping a dream journal since I was around 10. I had lots of nightmares as a kid involving monsters, falling, etc. I kinda miss them, they're mostly silly in retrospect. My nightmares as an adult are ones that are very stressful/sad or ones I don't want to write about. More real life worries/worst case scenarios.

Top Bottom