The Repaint Concept Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I tried, but I have to stop for today, because my wrist hurts now.

The problem I'm having with Silverstreak is it keeps looking too much like Thundercracker, particularly in jet mode.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I suddenly find myself wondering how that Legacy Cybertron Starscream mold would look in Leader-1 colors.

But not the regular/cartoon Leader-1, oh no.

This Leader-1. The one I had as a kid.

1714277649042.jpeg
1714277674540.jpeg

...okay, I had the Super GoBot in the regular colors, but still. I always liked this version.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Fun Pub Facebook feature Renegade Rhetoric had written an episode for its virtual Season 2 in which Leader-1 and the others who had alternate toy color schemes acquired those colors.

Ah, yeah, I loved that one.

And I just like the look better overall. It stands out more, and he kind of has this look of importance to him, especially with all those stars.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I suddenly find myself wondering how that Legacy Cybertron Starscream mold would look in Leader-1 colors.

But not the regular/cartoon Leader-1, oh no.

This Leader-1. The one I had as a kid.

View attachment 20793View attachment 20794

...okay, I had the Super GoBot in the regular colors, but still. I always liked this version.

Blue Leader-1 was my Leader-1 as well. Would love more references to that color scheme!

A Third Party add-on for the Classics Seeker had Leader-1-ish head and wing hinges (in addition to THAT Crown, THOSE shoulder pads, and a cape), and I decided to go with the second scheme to cut down on the painting. Just had to cannibalize a Generations Thundercracker and Dirge for parts.
(Imaging doing that in 2007)

An old pic, before I tried to paint the head.

Attachments

• 05172011 088.jpg
    05172011 088.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 37

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Neat!

Still curious about the Cybertron version, though, since Leader-1 should probably technically have a more alien alt mode (as most of them should, for that matter).

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I picked up a cheap War for Cybertron Sparkless Seeker from Walmart and plan to make him a custom Seeker to fill out one of my squadrons. Anyone want to digi-bash a few ideas for me of a cool color scheme? I have a few ideas of my own, but I thought I'd see what you all can come up with.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
XSCvBQm.png

I wonder how doable a pair of retooled shoulders would be for the mold.
You know, it would be totally inaccurate to his Lamborghini vehicle mode, but I could imagine that very digibash, head and all, working as a base for RID 2001 Prowl digibash.

Top Bottom