Takara Missing Link G1 Series

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I know back in the early internet days of the fandom "Bumblejumper" was a common term for them, but rather there was ever a distinguishing between the two I don't know. Probably something on the wiki about it.

Edit: Yep, first toy description mentions the red one. The funny thing is I also had trouble with the instructions back then too as they showed a 'tech detail' sticker that was NOT on my version, leading me (age 5) to think there was some sliding panel or something there to show it. My old Bumblebee had some weird scraped on top from my trying to find this non-existent panel.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I've seen "Bumblejumper" and "Cliffbee" used for all three toys (the red Bumblebee, the yellow Cliffjumper, and the yellow sedan whom Dreamwave would come to name "Bumper"), dependent entirely on whichever name for whichever toy suited whichever person's fancy.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
I always thought the "standard" was the first half of the portmanteau was the color and the second half the altmode. So Bumble = yellow, jumper = Porsche meanwhile Cliff = red and bee = VW. Obviously anything else is wrong. :ROFLMAO:

CrockAlley

Citizen
7NHvd8m.jpeg

After 40 years of playing with G1 Bumblebee/Cliffjumper, those wrist wheels look wrong. :ROFLMAO:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Google is telling me that 5600 yen is about $36. Curious if Pulse will sell them and if it will be right around that $30-35 mark. I may have to get a Bumblebee. Though that's only going to weaken my resolve on buying an Optimus.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm hoping Pulse will sell them. I definitely want both.

-ZacWilliam, and heck, it'd be great to have a few more announced if possible.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
That's happened with every easy-to-change Bumblebee I have (my nephew is a huge fan, I guess the kid-appeal concept works?). I've managed to hold onto Origins and the Walmart Bug, because of their frustration factor. These would be gone INSTANTLY...

Top Bottom