Takara Missing Link G1 Series

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
My Missing Link C-1 Optimus with Trailer arrived from Pulse today.

The pictures don't do it justice. I got Optimus for Christmas 1984 from my Grandmother and it's so weird to have a brand new version of that where the Optimus is just magically super poseable. It really is a magic trick that it looks so exactly like that 84 toy but with articulation we couldn't imagine back then.

They could green light ALL of 1984 in this style right now and I would need it.

-ZacWilliam, I wish I could buy BB and CJ to go with right now.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm probably going to save up and get the OP at some point. Maaaybe splurge on the one with the trailer since it's spendy anyway. A one-off landmark purchase, and it's a hell of a concept I'd Iike a piece of. I'm still floored by the sheer incongruity of the old design and the modern articulation so seamlessly put together.

The only other ones I'd like (and that need it) are Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Although that Bumblebee looks great, might try that. It's another one of those perfect fit things.

Dake

Citizen
I got the 3rd Party take on that…a LONG time ago. It will be interesting to see how TaKara approaches the concept. Love the extra bazooka with Cliffjumper, too.

I must admit, I was hoping for an Autobot Car or Seeker before touching mini bots, but I’m guess if TT feels confident about doing the mini bots, they’ll get to more significant figures later.

I bought that whole set of IGear articulated mini-bots way back when they went on clearance, and they're all still in their boxes because they were too big for my tastes. These will at least be right-sized, but honestly it's not that appealing a thing for me any more. If this line eventually gets us articulated Seekers, or even a Soundwave with knees that work as they should though... Count me in!

Shadewing

Citizen
I get Bumblebee being next becuase... Bumblebee and likely offering a smaller pricepoint; but I don't think anyone was that eager for the Minibots for them to be the second release.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I kinda wish they offered a second version of Bee with his retooled cartoon-based head to go with the cartoon-colored Optimus toy.

And if Cliffjumper needs second version, his could have been Hubcap.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
One of the reissue Bees had a cartoony face on the panel, instead of the battle mask iirc. That could work.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

G1toy_reissue_Bumble.jpg

G1toy_encore_bumblebee.jpg

VG1-toy_Bumblebee.jpg

Three reissues had it. Two from Takara (TF Collection and Encore), and the most recent Hasbro one (Vintage G1).

Platypus Prime

Citizen
The weird part is my first Bumblebee back in the day was the right mold, but he was red. And I know I'm not the only one.

Top Bottom