Robosen G1 Megatron

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Behold!
Transformers Megatron Auto-Converting Robot Flagship Official Images (30)__scaled_600.jpg

Release Date: August 1st 2024

Retail Price: $899.00

THE WORLD'S FIRST AUTO-CONVERTING DECEPTICON ROBOT!

Witness the sheer strength and staggering size of Robosen's Megatron! Developed over 3 years of extensive R&D, immerse yourself in the most awe-inspiring experience of witnessing Megatron convert from Tank to Robot and back, during his quest to defeat the Autobots and conquer the universe!

G1 Flagship Series TRANSFORMERS 40th Anniversary Limited Edition

The World's First Auto-Converting Decepticon Robot!

Witness the sheer strength and staggering size of Robosen's Megatron! Developed over 3 years of extensive R&D, immerse yourself in the most awe-inspiring experience of witnessing Megatron convert from Tank to Robot and back, during his quest to defeat the Autobots and conquer the universe!

112 ultra-bright LED lights illuminate Megatron with stunning blue and violet accents throughout for the most realistic and authentic looking Decepticon leader on the market.
Embedded Track Design

Inspired by real life tank tracks and axle structures, Robosen's Megatron delivers exceptional climbing performance, off-road abilities, and pivot turns all while in Tank mode.

A Brilliant Metallic Finish

Crafted from a specially designed alloy of a deep silver-gray, reflecting the ruthless character and sinister nature of the Decepticon leader.

A Beautifully Crafted Arsenal

Megatron flexes in any battle with an unrivaled arsenal of weapons for close combat, or to destroy the enemy at a distance.

Limited Edition for TRANSFORMERS 40th Anniversary

Robosen's Flagship Megatron Limited Edition is only available in 2024, so get yours while supplies last!

commemorative Collectors Coin
*Premium Metal 40th Anniversary Coin

Transformers Megatron Auto-Converting Robot Flagship Official Images (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Transformers Megatron Auto-Converting Robot Flagship Official Images (12)__scaled_600.jpg

Transformers Megatron Auto-Converting Robot Flagship Official Images (16)__scaled_600.jpg

Transformers Megatron Auto-Converting Robot Flagship Official Images (21)__scaled_600.jpg

It seems his turret doesn't rotate, which is odd as the original combiner wars Megatron did and also this is meant to be an expensive engineering marvel.

Last edited:

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Look pretty cool, though I really wish the fusion cannon rotated around so the thinner end pointed forward.

I mean, not that I'm gonna get this anyways. It's cool but no way would I get $900 of enjoyment out of it. But it does look cool.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I dearly wish I could get this. Sadly, we're now having to pay for an unplanned basement reno due to a sewage backup, so I don't think I can manage to afford it.

...Unless maybe I can sell some high-dollar items from my collection before the pre-order discount ends. I might have to check prices on some of my BotCon exclusives.

Dake

Citizen
I guess proof that Combiner Wars Megatron is one of the most "realistic", because this took a lot of its basic design from that. Either that, or they used him as the basis and they've been working on it since 2015.

Very cool. I'll never own it, but still very cool.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It makes sense. CW Megatron was a good looking design that turned into a pretty functional tank (I absolutely love his moving treads and missile firing gun). They've lost the turret rotation here, but there's already a lot going on inside of him.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Prime V Prime has a review of this up:

I can say its impressive, but I'm not going to buy as its expensive, plus I am one of those people who rather do the transforming by hand than by a remote means and likely in the future the app will stop working as software moves on with time and then you are stuck with a glorified paper weight that looks like Megatron!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I do wonder how you change the battery when it dies? I've had a lot of stuff that became useless when a non-replaceable Li-ion croaked.

and re: Fortress Maximus, I've been trying to work out how to SELL an encore one if I needed to, as the box itself needs a bigger box, though since his box is dented and has a hole in it I was considering flipping it inside out. Some of these bigger Transformers, like Maximus or the Robosen Megatron, I question when people talk about 'investments' as just the shipping costs alone must be outrageous. This is one of those you get for yourself, and any future value is random chance.

Geminii

Multiformophile
Citizen
It's a beautiful sculpt and finish, though. Got to give them that. And the altmode actually does look like a fairly kibble-free tank. I'll admit I'd like to see the transformation sequence to tank finish with a 180-degree spin on the spot, though.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
and re: Fortress Maximus, I've been trying to work out how to SELL an encore one if I needed to, as the box itself needs a bigger box, though since his box is dented and has a hole in it I was considering flipping it inside out. Some of these bigger Transformers, like Maximus or the Robosen Megatron, I question when people talk about 'investments' as just the shipping costs alone must be outrageous. This is one of those you get for yourself, and any future value is random chance.
If I get my hands on a G1 Fortress Maximus, it's likely not leaving my grip until I'm either dead or worse.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Oh, I get that! I never planned for it to move, that's why I did the full ToyHax upgrade (I never actually took the real sticker sheet out at all, I just used repros), plus I added modern Cog, TFSS Double Pretenders (the Megatron shell fits in both shape and color), sanded the sides of a HeadRobots Snake to make it fit Cerebros as a spare head, etc. But then medical and emergency situations hit and it makes me wonder if I goofed up since the stickers alone may turn people off it, or if it was worth keeping the Double Pretenders for the shell.

But it still looks AWESOME!:

48719870617_2c4eaf84f9_c.jpg

46107698345_a270100633_z.jpg

31840894657_6a076f129f_z.jpg

Edit: Looking at my top pick, I do wonder how hard it would be to make a Robosen Trypticon that would walk in dino mode and also roll in Battle Station Mode. Fortress Maximus would be pretty simple, all his limbs stay in the same general place, the standing-up part might be a challenge, but Trypticon folds in several odd ways.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So you'll be like:
Yeah, pretty much.
Fortress Maximus would be pretty simple, all his limbs stay in the same general place, the standing-up part might be a challenge, but Trypticon folds in several odd ways.
Nah, just have it work the way it does in Robots in Disguise:

1714456111567.gif

I mean, granted, there's still the matter of the head, but that aside, I think the standing up part would be easy. Though ironically, you might not have him going directly from robot to battleship mode.

...and he obviously wouldn't float to do it, of course.

Top Bottom