Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
No pics as I'm tired, but I recently found my (incomplete) collection of the 2003 Fleer "Transformers Armada" trading cards and started putting them in card sleeves.

I hope whomever organized the card's placement was ******* fired!
(Warning: VERY Picky pettiness ahead! Was probably covered when they came out 20+ years ago, but I just found out. Or forgot how stupid it all was.)

It starts off with the minicons: Teams of 3, so 3 teams neatly in a page of 9, yes? NO! Cards #7 and 8 are the Star/Dark Sabers; which are photos of the role-play toys and not Dreamwave art, so now team members are no longer in the same row. Until Perceptor is included with the Street Action team, THEN the last team is in the same row.

Then the Character cards end with #84 before moving to comic art (I'll get to THAT). However cards #81, 82, and 83 are Terrorsaur, Rhinox, and Airazor; but no Cheetor, any of their Minicons (which could've just be recolored art from earlier cards) and Unicron's minicon Dead End. ALL which would have evenly filled out the last page. But it wasn't so...

The Comic Art murals that started at #85 and were constructed at 9 cards a pieces. So if one does not like having 2/3 of an empty card page and continues following the numbers the images will be broken up. HOWEVER, even starting with a new page and following the numbers will still have a screwed up image.

How the pieces should go:
#85-P1 86-p2 87-p3
#88-p4 89-p5 90-p6
#91-p7 92-p8 93-p9

But the cards are numbered/marked:
#85-p3 86-p2 87-p1
#88-p6 89-p5 90-p4
#91-p9 92-p8 93-p7

The numbering could work if the cards are put in backwards: with the obvious BACK of the card facing the front of the card sleeve, so the back of the page has the properly ordered cards forming the correct image.

Then, no matter how you put the cards 85 and on, the checklist and the Energon Additions will not end on a full page! I hate it when card sets don't do that. THEN there is all the special cards, with some sub-sets with 10 or 12 pieces! I'm not as upset about the "Gold Parallels", but it is irksome.

If you're read this: Thank you for your time and attention. I felt this didn't need it's own thread.

Maybe in the BST fourm, to try and complete the set.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
l7lxcdrwqz7.jpg
84jdcj3rln4.jpg

Turns out if you pop off the tailfins and wing/sword/armpods, he makes a surprisingly decent pass at a Pretender inner robot, complete with bullshit scifi crumpled robot mode. Even more if you remember to leave the head untucked, like I forgot to.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We need people to start doing 3D-printed custom Pretender shells for stuff like this.

iirc, Pretender Starscream's wings went on his shell when he was inside. That would be neat here.

Dake

Citizen
No pics as I'm tired, but I recently found my (incomplete) collection of the 2003 Fleer "Transformers Armada" trading cards and started putting them in card sleeves.

I hope whomever organized the card's placement was ******* fired!
(Warning: OCD pettiness ahead! Was probably covered when they came out 20+ years ago, but I just found out. Or forgot how stupid it all was.)

It starts off with the minicons: Teams of 3, so 3 teams neatly in a page of 9, yes? NO! Cards #7 and 8 are the Star/Dark Sabers; which are photos of the role-play toys and not Dreamwave art, so now team members are no longer in the same row. Until Perceptor is included with the Street Action team, THEN the last team is in the same row.

Then the Character cards end with #84 before moving to comic art (I'll get to THAT). However cards #81, 82, and 83 are Terrorsaur, Rhinox, and Airazor; but no Cheetor, any of their Minicons (which could've just be recolored art from earlier cards) and Unicron's minicon Dead End. ALL which would have evenly filled out the last page. But it wasn't so...

The Comic Art murals that started at #85 and were constructed at 9 cards a pieces. So if one does not like having 2/3 of an empty card page and continues following the numbers the images will be broken up. HOWEVER, even starting with a new page and following the numbers will still have a screwed up image.

How the pieces should go:
#85-P1 86-p2 87-p3
#88-p4 89-p5 90-p6
#91-p7 92-p8 93-p9

But the cards are numbered/marked:
#85-p3 86-p2 87-p1
#88-p6 89-p5 90-p4
#91-p9 92-p8 93-p7

The numbering could work if the cards are put in backwards: with the obvious BACK of the card facing the front of the card sleeve, so the back of the page has the properly ordered cards forming the correct image.

Then, no matter how you put the cards 85 and on, the checklist and the Energon Additions will not end on a full page! I hate it when card sets don't do that. THEN there is all the special cards, with some sub-sets with 10 or 12 pieces! I'm not as upset about the "Gold Parallels", but it is irksome.

If you're read this: Thank you for your time and attention. I felt this didn't need it's own thread.

Maybe in the BST fourm, to try and complete the set.
I get the annoyance.

A friend of mine used to print off card-sized pics to fill around strange-numbered sets for this very reason (or to use as placeholders for missing cards).

But a friendly request from someone with a family member that fights the very real and occasionally debilitating effects of OCD, maybe try not using it as a shorthand for liking things neat and orderly. Lots of people like that (though if you do actually have OCD, I don't need to tell you that).

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This picture looks like a live action 'they dig up Shockwave' scenes. Thank you for catching it, it's fascinating and there's no way you'd ever replicate it without a LOT of effort!

I guess Shockwave, fell into deep stasis lock and forgot to set a reactivation timer and he would require a extrenal event to reawaken and get his revenge!

Blot

Citizen
Didn't realize before now how short his blades look.
Was worse on the original toy, doubly so since they barely reached passed his own hands and were mounted in the stupidest place possible. The Legacy update took one of my most hated designs and made it a C+.

Top Bottom