Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I just want Isaac to graduate to a real character.

And maybe have Gilliam Yeager/a Gespenst for some SRW rep, operating under the Hero Senki rules, and for somewhat similar funny crossover reasons as Kratos. Or Cybuster, some universe's Masaki falling through a plot hole is just as likely/funny, and it has a bit more fun stuff to work with for movesets.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Nintendo should stop adding 3rd party characters and stick to their own for the Switch 2 version. Or at least choose characters with games that regularly release on their consoles.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Amaterasu would have been nice. I ran into a "where am I supposed to go now" block in Okami. But the bit I was able to get through was really fun. Needs a sequel.
There was one, Okamiden for DS. I still haven't beaten Okami, I was trying to get all the secrets on one playthrough, then got distracted by other games and never got back to it. I did beat Okamiden.

unluckiness

Citizen
Too much money and hype on the table. They’ll probably scale the next one down but I can’t see them not making one for their next console.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
There's no question the next console will get a new Smash. The only question is how much of the existing cast will be relegated to DLC packs.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Not even DLC, if Nintendo and Sakurai decide to make a new Smash, I just about guarantee a significant chunk of the roster will be cut entirely and not readded as DLC.

unluckiness

Citizen
They’re most likely scaling the roster down because Ultimate’s character select is a legitimate mess. Probably gonna cut all the clones and semiclones. Lose a bunch of the Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters and get one new character for their latest releases. 3rd party characters except Sonic and Megaman aren’t likely coming back. Maybe Pacman if Namco is still developing.

i can also see them dropping the gimmicky characters like Minecraft guy and Kazuma just to make coding the game less cumbersome.

Wouldn’t mind them dropping the lame Mii fighters either.

Last edited:

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
They’re most likely scaling the roster down because Ultimate’s character select is a legitimate mess. Probably gonna cut all the clones and semiclones. Lose a bunch of the Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters and get one new character for their latest releases. 3rd party characters except Sonic and Megaman aren’t likely coming back. Maybe Pacman if Namco is still developing.

i can also see them dropping the gimmicky characters like Minecraft guy and Kazuma just to make coding the game less cumbersome.

Wouldn’t mind them dropping the lame Mii fighters either.
i can't see them dropping bayonetta, pac or ryu. probably not gonna drop cloud either tbh, and hell, given the overwhelming hype sora got, there's a decent chance they'll still jump through hoops to get him back. everyone else is a big maybe except for banjo and steve; i don't see them coming back after the leaked phil spencer memos about wanting to buy nintendo.

as for first/second party reps, aside from the original 12 we're def getting peach, bowser, wario, ridley, falco, zelda, sheik, shulk, pythra, marth, zero suit samus, pit, palutena, lucario, diddy kong, dedede, meta knight, mr. game & watch, villager, isabelle, bowser jr./koopalings, olimar, and maybe rosalina, ike, duck hunt, little mac, lucina, toon link, mewtwo, dark pit, wolf, daisy, greninja, charizard and k. rool.

Ganondorf will def return, but might technically be an entirely new fighter based on his TOTK incarnation, using his sword, naginata, kanabo and bow. he'd be a replacement for Byleth ig

as for new first/second party reps, there's def gonna be whoever the most recent FE protagonist and starter Pokemon are, and probably Raven Beak from Metroid Dread and Noah from Xenoblade 3. maybe old Rex from Future Connected, as well. Fecto Elfilis from Kirby and the Forgotten Land would be cool to give the Kirby series an actual villain rep. also we can't count out Waluigi. i'd also like Ghirahim to get promoted to playable, or see Wolf Link and Midna added as a duo fighter to replace Banjo-Kazooie. hell, even Zant would be pretty cool. i also think Krystal has a shot tbh

reps from third-party series that are already in are def gonna include Chun-Li and most likely Shadow (or Tails or Knuckles maybe even Eggman) from Sonic and Proto Man, Bass or Zero from Mega Man. Raiden and Alucard'll probably be in if Snake and Simon return, and we'll probably get Jeanne as a Bayo echo fighter. if Terry comes back we'll probably get Geese Howard or Kyo Kusanagi, M. Bison or Akuma could be added as another Street Fighter rep, and if Kazuya's back we're either getting Jin Kazama or Heihachi. another FF fighter would either be Tifa, Squall or maybe even a character from an NES/SNES FF like Cecil Harvey from FFIV or Terra Branford from FFVI. Kefka would be the best pick, though, bc he's arguably the most iconic pre-FFVII FF character. I don't see KH getting another rep even if Sora comes back, but it'd most likely be Riku or Roxas

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
At this point Nintendo needs to admit that the true gaming crossover icon is Fortnite and not Smash Bros.

I'm not even kidding by the way, I would genuinely say Fortnite is bigger than Smash.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
sZ14d4P.jpeg

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The box for the NSO N64 controller I got the other day: ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH NINTENDO SWITCH SYSTEMS

Me, using it on my PC so I can play N64 games using the proper controller: Wrong, idiots.

unluckiness

Citizen
The gamecube controller is the N64 controller done right. TBH

Think I gave myself carpal tunnel syndrome playing Mario Party on the N64 controller back in the day.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly I think the GameCube controller is one of the most overrated controllers there is.

It worked fine in certain first party games but for everything else? It sucked ass, it's just missing too many buttons compared to its contemporaries.

unluckiness

Citizen
It’s not perfect but it’s the closest thing to the platonic ideal of the N64 controller .

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I also have a USB Sega Genesis controller now.

Actually it has 8-buttons (adding L+R) which I guess makes it a Sega Saturn controller but it's shaped after the Genesis 6-button pad (and it's also specifically called Sega Genesis 8-button Arcade Pad with USB).

Retroarch identifies it as '8-button Sega Genesis/Sega Saturn USB controller' though lol.

Top Bottom