Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Ratchets are great for big, heavy figures that need to support their own weight. Like, Leader-class and up. Voyagers and below don't really have the mass to require it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I kinda wanna know how Macy's calculates their toy discounts.

Both Core Grimlock and Bomb-Burst had stickers saying they were $9.99, the Toys R Us section at Macy's was just full of signs advertising different discounts of like 20%, 25%, 30%, 40%, 50% off with nothing really saying what was being discounted at each different percentage, and then when I go and pay for them, they both scan at $11.99 and then the discounts made Grimlock $3.70 and Bomb-Burst $4.61.

Weird.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
We all have our pipe dream Transformer that we'd love to see get a modern update that will never happen. Mine is Monstructor. I had three or four of them as a kid, never managed to pick up the rest, and the GPS and shell rot problems with the set have driven me off of trying.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't care anymore. I don't think it's sour grapes to say it was going to be a lousy Dinoking anyway. I don't like anything about how Volcanicus turned out.

At this point I'm just hoping someone will find the original molds and start cranking out some KOs.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The issue I have with combiners is that you never find all the components at retail anyways.

I never saw anyone past Grimlock at any stores and yeah I know 'just order online' but it's the damn principle of the thing, y'know?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Retail or online, I've been done with hunting one piece at a time since it took the better part of a year to complete Beast Hunters Abominus. I want gift sets.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
yeah, I will pay the price required for one big box... but not five or six smaller ones. Boxsets are better for the environment Hasbro.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Ratchets are great for big, heavy figures that need to support their own weight. Like, Leader-class and up. Voyagers and below don't really have the mass to require it.
No, but sometimes it's just nice tactile excess. I can't think of any offhand, but I feel like there's gotta be at least a couple.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It’s a nice luxury to be sure but it’s really unnecessary on anything without a gigantic lights and sounds module or farcically oversized weapon.
IMG_1683.jpeg

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
every-so-often I'll be messing with a combinerwars deadend mold and his weird ratcheted wrists will give that momentary "whatabuddda?" and then I remember

Top Bottom