Masterpiece Thread

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I don't really collect Masterpiece anymore but occasionally, there are some releases that I just can't pass up (Skyfire being one of them). I passed hard when the updated MP Optimus was released a few years ago, to the tune of $400 +. However, I would seriously consider picking this up because I like what they've done with the deco, and because it appears to be roughly half the price of the last iteration.

Dake

Citizen
john-oliver-cool.gif

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I took the plunge and preordered MP-44S Optimus Prime. I've got the trailer from MP-10 if I really get itchy for one.

Dake

Citizen
It took them long enough (if true)...

Masterpiece Rhinox via TFW

mWCiHcP.png

I'm a little bummed honestly. I've put away my MP Beastwars stuff because the regular line has done such a great job over all. Rhinox is the one figure I'm still not satisfied with any versions of and I know this will be amazing. Here's hoping the engineering trickles down to an updated Legacy or Studio Series release.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I don't collect MP BW figures (or much MP in general anymore) but I am interested to see clearer, more focused pictures of that. For the main line, I thought that the T30 version did a pretty good job, but left plenty of room for improvement.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
MP-59 Rhinox official reveal

NQnzyRT.jpg

jmIj5mk.jpg

dfBUvCF.jpg

LEvJ82i.jpg

JLp69Bk.jpg

PFlG7Rb.jpg

4EzKNtS.jpg

hCf3KKh.jpg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Not seeing him up on Amazon Japan yet. Also a LOT pricier than the others - 35k yen, which is ~240 USD thanks to exchange rates. Didn't realize the exchange rate had dropped that much, used to just dividing yen by 100 for a good estimate. For reference, that's three times the price of Trailbreaker, and twice the price of one of the trainbots on Amazon Japan right now.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Not seeing him up on Amazon Japan yet. Also a LOT pricier than the others - 35k yen, which is ~240 USD thanks to exchange rates. Didn't realize the exchange rate had dropped that much, used to just dividing yen by 100 for a good estimate. For reference, that's three times the price of Trailbreaker, and twice the price of one of the trainbots on Amazon Japan right now.
Takara Tomy Mall usually has things up a few days or so before Amazon Japan and their prices are usually significantly more than Amazon's (providing you order "ships and sold by Amazon Japan"). However, MPs and other "high end" TFs/products from Takara have become increasingly expensive. I've reached the point where I now refuse to buy official MPs from Takara (even via Amazon) and instead buy them whenever a KO version comes out instead. And yes, the Yen is worth bugger-all compared to other currencies right now. Combine that with no increase in wages for many people and an increase in prices across the board (food, etc) and the economy isn't doing great for the average person.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
It’s criminal the Premium figure doesn’t look like that.

Yeah. I really hope they take another pass at him in the Legacy line.

He should be pretty big though - based on the old cast "photo" he should be nearly as tall as Dinobot who was 21k yen back in 2017. Six years of inflation sucks.

MrBlud

Citizen
I wouldn’t say no to a new mold but the Premium colors are wrong on top of that. Which (LG-EX aside) they always screw up. Rhinox is the Lavender Galvatron of the BW cast…IMG_1318.jpegIMG_1320.jpeg

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I've stopped collecting Masterpieces. Did so a long time ago, they're just too expensive and, frankly, not fun.

With that said, I will have this. Holy SHIT he looks amazing!!!!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I've stopped collecting Masterpieces. Did so a long time ago, they're just too expensive and, frankly, not fun.

With that said, I will have this. Holy SHIT he looks amazing!!!!
I agree. Have you considered KO versions? Although some might have QC issues of their own, some also feature fixes or improvements over the originals. For example, KO G1 Hound doesn't seem to disintegrate if you look directly at it...

You can get them, including older releases, such as Sideswipe, etc at sites like "ShowZ Store" if you're interested.

Anyway, MP Rhinox is now available via Amazon Japan. The private sellers are asking for around ¥25,000 BUT if you select "other sellers on Amazon" option, you'll find that you can select "ships and sells from Amazon Japan" as one of the options (you have to manually select "see more" to see the sellers' names). Amazon, at time of writing, had the original price of around ¥35,000 BUT they usually match the prices of the private sellers and/or reduce their prices to undercut them too at times. In Japan, if items are shipped and sold by Amazon Japan, delivery is also usually free too.

Here's the listing for MP Rhinox.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Shows unavailable for me, but I have it set to "Deliver to United States" still. Gonna have to wait and see if they open it up eventually like they did the previous ones I guess. BW MP is one of the few I'll actually consider getting of current MPs.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Shows unavailable for me, but I have it set to "Deliver to United States" still. Gonna have to wait and see if they open it up eventually like they did the previous ones I guess. BW MP is one of the few I'll actually consider getting of current MPs.
Sorry, your right. I just swapped my Japanese address with a non-Japanese one and it showed the same message. I've never normally encountered that. In the past, the listing would show at Amazon UK/USA and I would have to manually check each seller to see if they shipped outside their country.

Perhaps this is time-limited system to stop international scalping or maybe MP figures are blocked from international sale? I don't have any experience with this side of things.

Have you considered a post-forwarding service like this one? It might cost a bit more but you might get it quicker?

Last edited:

Top Bottom