Japanese Transformers News

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Transformers_JG1_Logo.png

This thread is for any Transformers news from Japan or uniquely Japanese information, chat, etc that doesn't fit into any of the main TF threads already at the site.

はい! さあ行こう!

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

Attachments

• item_tf_karakuri_08.jpg
    item_tf_karakuri_08.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 27
  • item_tf_karakuri_04.jpg
    item_tf_karakuri_04.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Also coming out is a Japanese "mook" ("magazine" + "book"). The "Transformers Archive" will be released on the 13th of May, 2024. At time of writing, the link below shows the product as"unavailable to order" but check the link nearer the time of release to see if it's available.

61iAZD44hkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Xero

Citizen
Are there any Allspark, or TFW japanese equivalents? I've spent hours trying to find similar new/boards with very little luck.

Thanks.

Xero

Citizen
Are there fan run Japanese Transformers boards or news aggregation, like this place but Japanese? I assume there are, but I've never figured out the right way to search for them.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Are there fan-run Japanese Transformers boards or news aggregation (sites) like this place but (in) Japanese? I assume there are, but I've never figured out the right way to search for them.
Firstly, you could keep an eye out for new TF products at Amazon Japan and Takara Tomy Mall.

Also, Takara Tomy's official website has a news page for all of its upcoming 40th anniversary products and events.

Here are some other Japanese TF sites or links:

- Takara Tomy's Transformers news page.

- https://chohenken.com/

- https://hobby.dengeki.com/tag/toransformers/

- https://m.youtube.com/user/wotakufighter2121

- https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDUyt8_RX_rNQLtgtim2PTizzMr-0Oz2m&si=ENn8FjD1X44ygbwP

Here's a Japanese fan meeting event info page:
- https://transformersfanmee.wixsite.com/mysite

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Transformers FANBOOK 2024 TV Magazine Mook by Kodansha
The 5th volume of "Transformers FANBOOK" featuring transformers with cool deformation and movement! Lots of games and quizzes using popular hobbies of all time, as well as powerful pages featuring characters from the "Transformers" movie series! The appendix is as follows. A clear Bumblebee figure (transformed into a compact car) that can only be obtained from books. The large size that pairs with the 2023 version of Optimus Prime allows you to pose it in a cool manner!

Product Details
Print length: 36 pages
Language: Japanese
Publisher: Kodansha
Publication date ‏ : ‎ July 19, 2024
Language ‏ : ‎ Japanese
Mook ‏ : ‎ 36 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 4065355850
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-4065355855
The order page is at Amazon Japan and Rakuten.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Clear Mirage Toy

Invisible Mirage Exclusive Rise Of The Beasts Figure__scaled_800.jpg

1709555138146.jpg

(Google Translation below)

In TV-kun April/May issue
"Transformers TOY & BOOK Vol.1 Mirage Awakening Set" is said to be on sale at Legacy TV-kun, but due to various circumstances, the sale has been delayed.

Sales are scheduled to start in early March. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience for a while.

(Source: - )

The price will be around ¥4980 JP (including tax) or around $33.10 US

Release info is below.

1709887190379_1.png

b_04.jpg

Bot.jpg

It can now be ordered from their website, either individually or a 4-set (with a bonus sticker).

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
81PED1t6QOL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp__1.png

Semi-KO Japanese TF company. They sell "souvenirs" to zoos, aquariums, museums, etc.

They've got a blog too.

You can also order them from Amazon Japan.

There's also a book about these kinds of Japanese "souvenir knock-offs" at Amazon Japan too

Last edited:

Blot

Citizen
"Semi-ko" is up there with "4th party" for terms Transformers fans use in their steadfast refusal to call a spade a spade.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Masterpiece Ginrai (Powermaster Prime) is coming out in December, 2024, and will cost ¥24,200, just for the cab alone.

upload_2024-3-28_8-43-28.png

I think Takara are fast pricing themselves out of the market as I'm sure the combined Supermode, plus Godbomber will easily be ¥60,000 - ¥80,000.

I'll wait for the KO.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Between this and the train bots, I can't say I disagree with you. Throw in the prices of the Diaclone stuff, and WOW. They must think people still have a lot of disposable income.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Between this and the train bots, I can't say I disagree with you. Throw in the prices of the Diaclone stuff, and WOW. They must think people still have a lot of disposable income.
That's also why I didn't get the "Missing Link" Optimus Prime from them. I don't think some remolded parts justified selling just the G1 toy robot for ¥8,000 or more.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Reposting this here, as possibly someone might have suggestions that doesn't browse the general forums:
So recently, Haywire3 has been watching Tetsujin 28 (aka Gigantor) and Shin Tetsujin 28 with me, and he is absolutely in love with the show. So now, he is asking for a Tetsujin 28 toy. The problems being, 1) He's 5-1/2, so it needs to be TOY and able to handle reasonably rough play, and 2) Everthing I can find currently available is a model kit and/or ungodly expensive.
I guess my question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a decently Toyetic Tetsujin 28 figure for a reasonable price for a child's plaything? Or, failing an official version, a knock-off of enough quality to not poison him with lead paint or break into dangerous pieces? My Google-fu is pretty weak, and I came up with nothing on Amazon or the Bay of e.
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I do see a Good Smile Moderoid kit on HLJ for under $30 before shipping, but are those truly model kits? Or can they hold up to some play?

Last edited:

Top Bottom