Ghostbusters General

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Class system could simply be based on the order Tobin researched them. Really the only ones that seem to go in order are 1 through 4. After that it gets a bit wonky. Class 1 is probably the most common type and the other 3 being 'human' in nature would likely be the ones Tobin would focus on first.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw Frozen Empire. Mid credits bonus scene!

Phoebe is probably still the best part of it but, well, I hope her androgynous look and relationship development don't become a hot button.

Kumail Nanjiani may or may not be out of place but to me, he's one of the best parts of the movie, hahaha

Podcast got a glow up. He looks exactly like Glitch from Dance Central game to me.

Story telling wise, it moves slooooowly. Like it could have been an 6 ep mini series to binge. Could have been snappier.

Still enjoyed though. Especially Phoebe, Kumail and Podcast.

Usual lots of nostalgic nods.

---
Can't find a decent pic of Podcast from the movie to compare to Glitch.
Meme - Ghostbusters Podcast.jpg

Axaday

Citizen
I just got back. I had fun. I liked it.

I'm not going to do spoilers for now. This is safe to read. The best part about it is that it was just episodic. It didn't feel like it needed to put a bookend on anything and it didn't feel like it needed to draw too much from what came before. It seems like we never get just a movie series anymore and we should and this was. It just put out that there we can keep making these as long as it works. The old cast had fun and had plenty to do, but the show can go on without them when it needs to.

Axaday

Citizen
When it first came out, I saw somewhere that the stinger sets up a sequel. I don't think it does. I think it is just a callback. Certainly it is something they could springboard. My preference would be that anything to do with StayPuft continues to be a callback and doesn't become a future main plot line. I would really like it to keep going a while with the new cast and just stay episodic.

Lightly spoiler
The climax of this movie does set up for how they really will be busy in the near future doing routine work.

Did they carefully avoid naming the mayor? I know who he was, but I think they never said. The original movie was written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis, so I wouldn't expect there to be a writing credit issue.

Axaday

Citizen
Trevor is 18, so he was born in about 2006. That's 15 years after Ghostbuster 2. When was his mom born?

Edit - Her actress was born in 1981 and actually....it might make more sense that way. That Egon was already estranged from his family when we met him.

Shadewing

Citizen
Trevor is 18, so he was born in about 2006. That's 15 years after Ghostbuster 2. When was his mom born?

Edit - Her actress was born in 1981 and actually....it might make more sense that way. That Egon was already estranged from his family when we met him.

It could add to why Egon never seemed interested in Janine with how much she was just throwing herself at him. Before it was him just maybe being oblvious and might still be but also could just not be interested becuase he's already married.

Axaday

Citizen
I read on a Reddit that one of the clippings he had about his daughter was dated 1983, so canonically he already had a wife or ex-wife and a daughter before Ghostbusters.

It SEEMED like they were all bachelors. Venkman surely was. But I cannot remember that it ever really said so.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Ghostbusters sites are reporting that MeTV Toons (launching this summer) will be featuring The Real Ghostbusters among the line up when the new broadcast network launches on June 25

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Frozen Empire is up on Amazon to buy/rent digitally now. It's up for pre-order physically, though I didn't see an actual release date.

I know what I'll be doing tonight!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Just finished it. It was a slow starter. But I actually like that. Just my opinion, but I didn't think it was quite as good as Afterlife. But it was still really good. I enjoyed it. Like Axaday said, I appreciate how episodic it was.

Hot take time, I'd love for Ernie Hudson to stick around. But Bill Murray seems to be less and less interested in this. Dan Aykroyd is just *shrug* I don't know. But to be honest, it just feels like except for Ernie, it would be better for the OG cast to start scaling back their involvement and letting the new generation shine.

Axaday

Citizen
Dan Aykroyd is just *shrug* I don't know. But to be honest, it just feels like except for Ernie, it would be better for the OG cast to start scaling back their involvement and letting the new generation shine.

I appreciate as much involvement as they've got for nostalgia sake. But you might sum up your feeling of Ray in one of his early scenes. Ecto-1 passes by in the street and he just looks up with a wistful smile. He doesn't hurry out to get involved. I think in that scene he misses it, but knows they've got this. He only comes back to help because it is a major, all hands on deck issue.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I was surprised at the dread level. The ice entity was scary. The first part was pure horror.

The Possessor was cute. How would he have been merchandised ? What would his toy have looked like?

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Hard disagree on Ray. The whole library sequence and everytime Podcast or Phoebe did anything clever he was beaming. The conversation he has with Winston about this being all hes ever wanted to do with his life was so touching to me. Both Ray and Winston need to stick around as long as theyre able.

Janine was awesome to see suited up but she barely did anything while there. Murray is cashing his check.

Top Bottom