Fallout TV Show Coming to Amazon Pime 04/12/2024!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, the Wife and I finished season 1 last night. Here is my spoiler free review of the series:

This show gets the Fallout universe, although they nerf Power armor and change the Brotherhood to be a bit morally ambiguous. The show adds a lot to the mythos.

Spoilers!

Goggins spending 200 years hunting down his family was great, and I look forward to seeing that next season.

I love that how this series expands the lore. VaultTec joining forces with other companies to formulate the insane experiments in the vaults. VaultTec being the ones to stop the peace talks and drop their own nukes to ensure that the surface would be wiped clean is nuts but a neat addition to the lore.

Love the answer for vaults 31 - 33. With Betty and Henry being the youngest executives, it makes sense that they were transferred to Vault 33.

Glad that Maximus will be back next season.

Dake

Citizen
I don't think the Power Armor was particularly nerfed. To put it in game terms, it was being piloted by a complete n00b while he attacked some very high-level individuals. And the Brotherhood has always been pretty ambiguous.

But yeah - it was a fantastic season and I'm glad it's been renewed.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't think the Power Armor was particularly nerfed. To put it in game terms, it was being piloted by a complete n00b while he attacked some very high-level individuals. And the Brotherhood has always been pretty ambiguous.

But yeah - it was a fantastic season and I'm glad it's been renewed.

Well,

Titus dies wearing it while fighting a bear, and presumingly, he was properly trained for the armor.
Maximus loses a fight with Goggins, and then his own squire who has a completely crushed foot.
A few of the other brothers die in the raid from small arms fire from the survivors of NCR,
and then Goggins takes out 6 of them in a room where they have squires backing them up.

I just felt that the armor is a bit nerfed compared to the games. I can see your point that Goggins is a tough guy that has plenty of power armor experience though.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My own entirely personal complaint:

VaultTec being the ones to stop the peace talks and drop their own nukes to ensure that the surface would be wiped clean is nuts but a neat addition to the lore.

I hate it. It's not a bad story idea, but I just would rather not know. I always thought Fallout was better because of how little we knew about what led to Armageddon. It's been one of my go-to examples of less being more.

Shadewing

Citizen
My own entirely personal complaint:

I hate it. It's not a bad story idea, but I just would rather not know. I always thought Fallout was better because of how little we knew about what led to Armageddon. It's been one of my go-to examples of less being more.

My understanding:

Vault-Tec didn't actually drop the bombs, only admitted they would be willing to act if China didn't act soon. And with how VT is depected; yeah I can believe this highly unethical company that was built around How to Surive a Nuclear War would be willing to start the apocalypse to ensre their plans go off.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's at least hinted that they might have actually done it.

If they never elaborate more than this, I'll deal. I don't care if Vault-Tec did drop a few nukes. I don't care if they dropped a thousand. I just never ever want to know for sure who pushed the button first. Whether it was Vault-Tec, America, China, or North Elbonia, I don't want to know. I think it's better if the fact of who went first is just lost to history forever.

Top Bottom