Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Given the popularity of the Dinobots, and the loss of the original molds making ML a perfect opportunity for a do-over, I'll wait for Takara to get around to them.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I'm sure at this point we can all safely guess the characters that we'll see sooner than the Dinobots...

there'll be a Starscream and a Prowl soon enough

Blot

Citizen
It's not just the colors. It's the little modernizations in the construction. They got rid of some screws and tried to make the transformation joints cleaner. Hinges are smaller and cleaner, and the fist sliders are completely hidden. Things like that. The shapes look okay if you squint but every detail is wrong.
They slid the robot head forward. That alone is the biggest sin this toy could do.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm sure at this point we can all safely guess the characters that we'll see sooner than the Dinobots...

there'll be a Starscream and a Prowl soon enough
It’s the “GI Joe effect” all over again:
Given the unlimited restrictions of having to make molds, Hasbro (or TaKara, in this case) will go for the same old stuff they always do.

At least with Missing Link, they will be compellingly unique.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Seekers are all but guaranteed, since they're popular AND come with plenty of repaint and remold options to milk the mold.

The Datsuns are pretty much the Autobot version of Seekers, so same deal.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Wonder how they’ll manage the Seekers. Optimus set the precedent that the fists don’t partsform but the seekers are pretty much all partsforming. If they can pull off a non partsforming transfomation that looks like the old toy inboth modes, that’d be insane.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
The fists are the hard part, I think. The wings don't really need to be removed, there's plenty of space in the nose for the landing gear, and nobody will really care about the guns coming off and reattaching.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Yeah they’d have to come up with new engineering since the original transformation doesn’t leave any room for the arms.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They may have backed themselves into a corner by getting rid of the partsforming on Prime's fists. Sometimes that's just not going to be possible.

Blot

Citizen
The Robotmasters version didn't have the partsforming fists, but its hands were very small compared to the G1 Seeker's cartoonish boxing gloves.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not only are the fists smaller, but the arms as a whole are skinnier and shorter despite the folding fists trick. It was a neat trick but I can't imagine how it could work with the G1 toy proportions.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Fill out the bottom of the jet more and have them fold through the top? It would make the bottom of the jet bulkier, but the bottoms of those jets are slabs of kibble anyway.

They could get weird with it and put part of the forearms inside the guns, but that falls back into partsforming.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I assume they wouldn't want to change the jet mode that much. I wouldn't mind if they took some liberties, especially if they fixed all the weird gaps while they're at it, but that's just not Missing Link's mission.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
1715839669973.jpeg

I joined Pulse to buy this lol

Top Bottom